PDA

View Full Version : Bad Night

lovehubby
02-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Rained in Lake havasu City Az last night which was nice. But I took A Bad fall on the wet cement and hurt my bad knee. Had to go to ER they put me in a immobilizer and on crutches they think I tore the ACL along side my knee. Have to call the Ortho tomorrow. And to think I just cancelled my knee surgery on that knee for the meniscus tears. I fool like I fool falling down like that. Had to crawl up to garage and scream for my husband to get me up man that hurt! Just want everyone to help me think positive that I only sprang it and not a tear but something snap I could feel it.

rob
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your fall-ouch! There's no reason to feel like a fool though. I lived in AZ for 15 years, and I learned the hard way (by falling) that there is all sorts of crap that builds up on the concrete and pavement, and when it finally rains, all of that dusty-oily coating becomes awfully slick. In places where it rains on a regular basis this stuff gets washed away and never really builds up.

I hope it's just a sprain, and that you get to feeling better sooner than later.

Rob

lovehubby
02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
thanks alot rob I hope so too

tortugal
02-28-2011, 05:39 AM
oh NO!
Hope the immobilizer is helping a bit with the pain (probably minimally, but better than nothing, right?) They sure are ugly but can be a lifesaver.

Fingers crossed that you can get in to the ortho really fast, and that it's not ACL... did you hear or feel anything pop or give way? I'm sending big hugs your way

SandyR
02-28-2011, 08:13 AM
ouch! I'm sorry to hear you took a tumble. You have no reason to feel like a fool - it was an accident after all. I hope your Ortho appt goes well today. remember to RICE that leg - Rest Ice Compression Elevation so the swelling goes down and the healing begins faster.

tgal
02-28-2011, 08:21 AM
No, you are not allowed to feel like a fool! You had a reason that it happened. Newly wet concrete is so slippery! As rob said, all the crud builds up and it takes a long, hard rain to get rid of all the junk. As a side note, you are not allowed to feel like a fool because, if you do, then I have to feel like a fool for all my falls in the last couple of months and I am not willing to do that! LOL

Hope you get good news at the doc