PDA

View Full Version : cant get on or off toilet!!!!!

kkgadro
11-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Hi! Everyone! What happens next? I cant lower myself on to toilet or sofa or chair at work. I have trouble walking. Where do I go from here. I go to the local medical free clinic. They will get me in for an appointment in late Dec or Jan. What are some suggestions until then. I thought about a cane but I can hardly use my hands. I work 40 hours a week and I can hardly sit up in the chair. I am eating ultracet like skittles candy. What do I need to make my life less painful when getting up and down?

Ariel
11-14-2005, 12:37 PM
An elevated toilet seat might help. Or handles. Look here:

http://www.arthritissupplies.com/site/371928/page/53725

Barring that all I can offer is a hug.

hatlady
11-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Oh sweety, I hope it is getting better by now!

Ask your doc for a referral to a physical therapist or occupational therapist - you need to learn "new moves" that will work for you and help you cope. You're in such pain - there are other methods to treat it, talk to your doc. Ask if you can have a referral for theraputic massage, it can be so helpful

Also - (of course talk to your doc first) increase your intake of the spices turmeric and ginger - both have anti inflamatory properties, and the ginger is good for your stomach as well. Take fish oil or flax seed oil for the omegas and the anti inflamatory, and lower your intake of saturated fats (red meats, cheeses, etc)

Many very gentle hugs dear --

kkgadro
11-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Thank you so much!!!! I bought a toilet seat last nite. I can go POTTY!!!! What a difference. WOW!!!! It is 5 inches higher with handles.
Also I did not know about spices. I know not to eat red meat and potatoes. I will try the spices and flax seed. I take fish oil pills. Thank you so much. I can not go to therapy because I have no money and no insurance. ( single Mom of 4 and a low income job) I go to the free clinic. All they can do is give out meds. You dont get much more out of them. They are not set up to really help people with serious issues. They dont have the money or volunteers that they need. But it is better than nothing.
Thank you again! I had no idea they had Potties like that. Oh yeh I bought the handle for the tub....I still cant get out of the tub. Oh well.