PDA

View Full Version : Do you take the time to thank the people that support and love you?

froggal
02-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Hello to everyone! I have been absent for awhile! It is so nice to be able to log on and catch up with old friends. I hope that everyone is doing well, I do know however, that is not always the case. So, to my friends who are feeling bad or in flare, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am also once again in the hospital. My husband walked in this morning with a box under his arm, it was the laptop that I am currently on!!! I was thrilled! I will never understand why the man stands beside me, but I am so thankful for him. He is my rock and has been with me every step of the way these past three years during my health issues. This has made me think . . . Do you tell the people that support and love you that you appreciate them enough? I know that I do not. I would like to take this time to tell all of my dear friends here how grateful I am to have you in my life. I am so thankful that I have this site and my dear friends here. Thank you to everyone!!! Mostly, thank you for creating a place where I feel understood and accepted. I promise I will say it more often!!

debbie-b
02-26-2011, 06:30 PM
You must have a great husband, just like the one I have.
I do thank my husband and tell him how greatful I am to have him as my husband. He just answers, " you have no reason to thank me, i do these things, because i love you and i know for a fact, that you would do the same for me".
As for my WHL family, I am very thankful that I have you guys, because even the most understanding husband, can't imagine what we go through on a daily basis. But you guys know what I am talking about, when I talk about excrutiating pain, brain fog and all the other things we have to deal with.

BTW Froggal, why are you in the hospital? Are you ok?

I love you guys.

Debbie

Nonna
02-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Froggal and Debbie, everyone here; we are here because we need each other, we are here because we care about each other. This site is a give and take relation. It's the best kind of relationship. And I thank all of our WHL family; especially those who ignore my growing lack of coherence at times.

Hugs - Good Thoughts - Prayers - And Above All -Thank you

Toni

rob
02-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Hi Angie,

It's always good to see you! I do my damnest to let the people in my life who are so supportive know that I appreciate them very much. Be it a simple hello and a good visit, or flowers, or snowblowing a driveway, I hope that they know how much I appreciate all that they do.

Rob

rob
02-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Froggal and Debbie, everyone here; we are here because we need each other, we are here because we care about each other. This site is a give and take relation. It's the best kind of relationship. And I thank all of our WHL family; especially those who ignore my growing lack of coherence at times.

Hugs - Good Thoughts - Prayers - And Above All -Thank you

Toni

You know Toni, if the person who reads your words is even less coherent than you, you can come across as a genius!

Really though, I think we all learn to read through the brainfog of others, and we know that sometimes what is composed in the mind doesn't always translate through our fingers and onto the computer screen.

Maybe we shoud call it Lupus-ese?

Rob

tgal
02-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I am so glad that he brought you the laptop! It is the little things that mean so much! I am a firm believer in "paying it forward" and I really try to do that. I do know, however, that too often I let the little things slide by without comment. So to all of you that make my life better by simply being around... Thank you! I am crazy about each of you

Bonita
02-27-2011, 07:20 AM
I wish i had more support from my family but if i complain to much my husband says you must have something wrong and no symphony. Duh i have lupus. He just starts to tell me how he is not feeling well so i do not say anymore. This website has been a Godsend to me. My daughter is a nurse and understands more than anyone but she does not live close by anymore. Bonita

debbie-b
02-27-2011, 11:43 AM
I wish i had more support from my family but if i complain to much my husband says you must have something wrong and no symphony. Duh i have lupus. He just starts to tell me how he is not feeling well so i do not say anymore. This website has been a Godsend to me. My daughter is a nurse and understands more than anyone but she does not live close by anymore. Bonita

Bonita,

That is what we are here for. You can always tell us how you feel and you know for sure that we all know what you are talking about.
Sending you a gentle loving HUG.

Debbie

tgal
02-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Soft hugs to you, Toni. As Debbie said, that is what we are here for and we love you

SandyR
02-28-2011, 07:45 AM
Good to see you on here again Angie! I have been thinking of and praying for you and wondering how you are doing. I'm sorry to hear you are in the hospital again. That was so sweet of your hubby to bring you a link to the outside world. I think you have an excellent point about thanking people. I try to consciously thank people but I think I sometimes tend to forget to thank the ones that are there in the everyday nitty gritty. I'm glad you made me aware of this because I am going to work on changing it. Thanks!