PDA

View Full Version : Another person with a relative in surgery

magistramarla
02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Well, you can add me to the list of people here who are worried while someone has surgery.
Tomorrow, my daughter Meg is having knee surgery. Of course, she brought this on herself by trying to ski. She tore both her MCL and ACL in her left leg.
Today, she called me saying that she's having the worst day in her life. She had a hemorrhoid treated this morning. Then she left 1 yr. old Ryan at Tyler's grandma's to stay the night and headed home. She called me when she started freaking out about the weather - under a tornado warning. She finally made it home and is now alone with the dogs. Tyler can't leave the AF base because they are on lockdown until the weather clears.
By 6 A.M. tomorrow, she'll have to be at the hospital.
I wish I could be there to help, but then again, I'm glad to not be in the middle of all that stress!
Hugs to all,
Marla

Nonna
02-24-2011, 07:20 PM
I'll be thinking of her during my quiet time
Sarah
Rob's Dad
and your Meg

hugs
Toni

tgal
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Add me to the list of people thinking about all the ill family members. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

GoodDog
02-24-2011, 07:39 PM
I wish your daughter the best. It's so hard when we can't be there for our children.

BonusMom
02-24-2011, 09:34 PM
So sorry to hear about Meg's surgery, Marla. It is very difficult when our children are having a medical issue and we can't be there for them (whether they want us there or not). You just can't turn off that Mama gene when they turn 18, can ya?

I hope all goes well with Meg's procedure tomorrow and the recovery isn't too horrendous. I can't imagine it'll be a picnic, especially with an active 15 month old, a bandaged knee and a sore bottom.

SandyR
02-25-2011, 08:20 AM
sorry that I just am seeing this now but what happened? did she get to the hospital on time? was there any storm damage she had to deal with?

magistramarla
03-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Update on Meg -
She had the surgery last Friday, and is doing a bit better every day. The pain has been very bad for her. They gave her something that was supposed to numb the leg for 24 hours, but it didn't work at all. She's been on some pretty strong pain meds.
Tyler's grandma is keeping Ryan at her house, so Meg is really missing him. When Tyler is working, her two Dobermans are snuggling with her and "taking care" of their Mama.
I wish that I could be there, but I know that I wouldn't be able to do much besides cook. I could never keep up with a toddler.
I don't think that she will ever try to ski again!!
Hugs,
Marla

rob
03-03-2011, 03:31 AM
I'm very happy to hear that Meg is making good progress. Knee surgery pain can be pretty bad, I hope the pain meds help her.

Rob

Nonna
03-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Glad to hear it went smoothly; bless the dogs for cuddling with her. Surprising isn't how they know things like when you are sick or miserable and need to feel their love

hugs to all, especially Moms who can't be with their kids to help out

Toni

debbie-b
03-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Hi Marla,

It is so hard when we can't be with our kids in these kind of situations. I hate living so far away from my kids and grandchildren, but what can we do.
I am glad she has help from her MIL and she is doing better. I am sure she will be back to normal very soon.

Debbie

Bonita
03-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Sorry i did not see the post before your daughters surgery but i am glad that she is doing well. Bonita

Saysusie
03-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Marla;
I am so happy to hear that Meg is doing better (so sorry to hear about the surgery, but glad that she is healing). Is she still on strong pain meds or has the pain subsided some?
Keeping you and her in my thoughts and prayers!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie