PDA

View Full Version : OMG Aussie Friends - Just heard about New Zealand

magistramarla
02-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Oh my Aussie friends,
I just saw the reports on the news about Christchurch, NZ.
My heart goes out to those people.
Marilyn - I know that you said that you used to live in NZ. Was it in this area? Do you have friends and relatives there?
I hope that NZ recovers quickly.
Hugs,
Marla

Angel Oliver
02-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Yes Marla ,

I saw it on the news so terrifying.Hope all are safe.

love Amanda.xxxx

Merrilyn OZ
02-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks Marla,
I actually come from the north of the North Island so most of my family are well out of the earthquake zone.
I do have cousins in Christchurch though,they live in the Hills so I'm hoping none were in Christchurch yesterday. Will have to wait till phone comunications are restored to check But they say no news is good news so have my fingers crossed all is well.
We do have a senior lady at work who has family is in Christchurch and to date has not been able to contact her daughters - correction just heard she's made contact and alls well.
This will take a very long time to recover from as Christchurch had a major earthquake last year and was just getting into recovery mode. That time no lives were lost this time it looks like it could be up to 200 or more over 300 missing and 75 confirmed dead, it looks like and is being treated like a war zone. Rescue teams are coming from Aust. Britain,Singapore, Tiawan
so its a major effort. Were all praying that those still trapped will be rescued alive.