PDA

View Full Version : lower back pain ?

ashleybaby715
02-21-2011, 06:15 PM
whenever i get stressed (like i am right now, gahhh midterms and such!) i sometimes get like, lower back pain ? does anyone know why that happens ? like it doesn't feel like its the muscles... but it reallyy hurts sometimes!

SandyR
02-22-2011, 09:11 AM
I can't medically answer your question but I can say from experience that stress does funny things to our bodies if we don't find an outlet for it. It can cause illness, inflammation, joint ache and pressure, stomach upset, migraine, malise, bad temperment, insomnia, bowel disregulation, UTI, and so on. It particularly likes to attack the weakest points in your body. For me - that means the back. If it's something that is only happening with stress you just might need to take a little study break every 20 minutes and get up and stretch those muscles. Do an hour of studying and a 15 minute power walk or yoga stretch session. And remember - DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Water helps with stress too. When you're stressed caffiene, nicotene, and alchohol only exacerbate the situation so stay clear of them for now. If you think it's more than stress, call the doctor and don't ignore it.

tgal
02-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Wonderful advice Sandy!