PDA

View Full Version : I'm celebrating today

BarbaraB
02-16-2011, 06:37 AM
I have just taken my last dose of prednisone for a flare. Tomorrow I go back to my usual 5 mg. This flare has been especially long and hard.....with a loooonnnnngggg taper. I was on Prednisone 60 mg. for quite a while. But right now I feel great, my house is clean, my fridge is stocked with food that I've cooked over the past two days. Don't have to cook for the rest of the week. The sun is shining and the temp is predicted to get into the 40's today. I'm going to get a shower and then I think I'm going to go galavanting over the countryside and try to get rid of the cabin fever. Hoping I can load it into my pickup truck and drop it over a bridge! There is a place about an hour away that sells the world's best sticky buns and I think I hear one calling my name......strangely enough I'm the only one I know about that loses weight while on prednisone, so I don't feel the least bit guilty.
Even though I haven't posted, i've been reading and keeping up with things here. So I'm wishing all of you the best possible day today...I wish I could rub off some of my feeling good on all of you. Catch you all later......

Bonita
02-16-2011, 07:22 AM
I am glad that you are feeling so good may you have many more of those days. Please eat a sticky bun for me my weight has always been and issue for me and i can gain weight just looking at food and when my pred goes up and down that is when i lose control. Enjoy your day Love Bonita

SandyR
02-16-2011, 07:38 AM
That is so fantastic to hear that you are feeling great and are doing well today. Enjoy it! Those days are so precious. I'm like Nonna - I can gain weight just thinking about food. BTW-What part of PA are you in? I used to live in York. My sister lives in Bucks Co. Got lots of friends between York Co and Philly. Parents have a house in the Stroudsburg area.

BarbaraB
02-16-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm originally from the burbs of Philly but I've lived in Folsom, Broomall, Bryn Mawr, Conshohocken, Hatfield and Warminster. Right now I'm living in the north central part of PA....Mansfield right on Rt. 6. It's a smallish town and I go to either Corning or WIlliamsport for anything big. I'm right smack in the middle of gas drilling country.

SandyR
02-16-2011, 09:50 AM
I had to look Mansfield up on a map. LOL. You are definitely way up. ;) I think the greyhound bus I took from York to Alfed, NY once went through your town. Bonita's also from PA area but is in Lebanon.

rob
02-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Barbara,

This is indeed good news. Sometimes it seems like we never make any progress in controlling SLE, so it's all the more exciting when we actually do. I'm very happy for you!

Rob

PS-I think this is good enough news to justify having two sticky buns instead of one.

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
02-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi barbara,
That's great new's ANY day that you feel good with lupus is a VERY GOOD DAY!!!!!!!
Well im one of the rare one's also that looses weight on the pred, cant seem to gain to save my life! But i also have diabetes so i have to be careful no refined sugars & I cut out
all processed foods to help lower the inflamation in my body due to flairing so bad now and my cns vasculitis.

Hope you continue to feel good, Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And have a sticky bun for me too, yummmm ~Diane~

tgal
02-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Congrats Barbara!!! That is wonderful news!! I would like to hurt you for the "losing weight on steroids" comment but I like you and I will let you live :)

magistramarla
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Barbara,
I hope that you are continuing to feel good. Just don't overdo it!
Hugs,
Marla