PDA

View Full Version : Question ?

ashleybaby715
02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
i have a question for those of you who have appealed after being denied for social security . what all is involved in the process of appealing? i'd like to have a rough idea of what i'm getting myself into before i start.

thankss <3

magistramarla
02-13-2011, 08:49 PM
No experience with it, but I wish you good luck, sweetie.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
02-13-2011, 09:23 PM
I am soooo mad! I typed a whole long post and in my fog I must have become distracted and forgot to post it!! I am dealing with a lot of fog so if I am not clear please just ask me to clarify. Here goes (again)

You have 60 days from the first denial to file for the review. It will take somewhere between 30 and 60 days after they get the review request for you to get an answer. The most important thing you need to know is that none of the evidence that they looked at the first time can be used again. This means that you have to have new doctors visits, tests run etc. I have seizures along with my Lupus so now I am having to go to the ER every time I have a seizures so there is documented proof of the seizure AND bloodwork that shows that I am taking the required amount of seizure meds. They also have to see that I am still getting checkups and following a plan of treatment. This is really hard to do because I no longer have insurance or the money to go to the doctor or get the meds. It is a never ending cycle.

If you don't win on the first review (80% of people are turned down the first time and 70% of those are turned down at the first review) then it has to go in front of a judge for his review. The good news is that the judge has a lot more "wiggle room" and many more win during this appeal. The bad news is that if you have to do this the date will be set about a year out. I am doing everything I can to win this appeal because I can't wait another year.

Hope this helps.

jmail
02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm praying for you both, and the others that need the benefits...

ashleybaby715
02-15-2011, 11:02 AM
That was very detailed :] thankyou! I just don't even want to deal with it, but I know I have to ... gahh! !