PDA

View Full Version : My Hubby is now offically a PHD candidate!

magistramarla
02-11-2011, 01:27 PM
This morning, Jeff passed his oral exam, and is now an official PHD candidate!
We're meeting the other PHD candidates this evening at the Trident Room for his "wetting down".
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! please give him a congratulation hug for me. PHD are hard to get so I'm envious.

hugs
Toni

BonusMom
02-11-2011, 04:27 PM
With his dedication and the support of his lovely wife, I had no doubt he would achieve his goal! Congrats to Jeff and enjoy the "wetting down" ceremony this evening!

debbie-b
02-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Congratulations.

You must be so proud of him.

Debbie

rob
02-12-2011, 08:47 AM
That's outstanding news Marla. How did last night's celebration go?

tgal
02-12-2011, 11:58 AM
yay!!! That is wonderful!!! Congrats

magistramarla
02-12-2011, 05:10 PM
LOL - the celebration was nice. We met up with the other five Computer Science PHD students in the Trident Room. Now all but one - Ryan, the youngest and newest one - have passed both tests. The guys had a pitcher of beer, but I stuck with my glass of white wine. Lucky for us, it was free appetizer buffet night, so it was a cheap party! The other guys had to get home to their wives, so we didn't stay late.
Jeff and I are such boring nerds! We went home, poured ourselves some more wine, and watched Bill Maher on TV.

jmail
02-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Congrats are in order for the PHD candidate! But Marla, a computer nerd *needs* some conservative comedy, like a Dennis Miller, or Mark Steyn... lolol

rob
02-12-2011, 06:31 PM
LOL - the celebration was nice. We met up with the other five Computer Science PHD students in the Trident Room. Now all but one - Ryan, the youngest and newest one - have passed both tests. The guys had a pitcher of beer, but I stuck with my glass of white wine. Lucky for us, it was free appetizer buffet night, so it was a cheap party! The other guys had to get home to their wives, so we didn't stay late.
Jeff and I are such boring nerds! We went home, poured ourselves some more wine, and watched Bill Maher on TV.

Free appetizers-Mmmm, my favorite! Hey if you and Jeff are boring nerds, then so are Karen and I. After our night out, we came home, poured some wine (Sterling Pinot Grigio), and watched a Star Trek flick!

magistramarla
02-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Ah Rob,
That's a typical "perfect" evening for us, too.
Hugs,
Marla

jmail
02-13-2011, 09:56 PM
You ever seen Sinbad's "Where U Been?" on the Comedy Channel or DVD Marla? There's a bit in there where he talks about him & his wife going out on a date, and he talks about how dangerous it is to sit down when you're getting ready to go, 'cause you may not get up to go out... you'll get lazy and not want to get up, you ole fuddy duddy... lolol
This isn't the clip, but it'll do in a pinch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCZVcCQR3E

Merrilyn OZ
02-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Congrats to Jeff and to you Marla I'm sure that your support has been a huge help.
As for being nerds its sounds an ideal evening and Graham and i would join you,Jeff, Rob and Karen for that galss of wine and Movie.
Again Congratultions
Merrilyn

Nonna
02-14-2011, 01:41 AM
Sound like a great evening to me also except wine has been tiggering my headaches lately, I'm on a self enforce dry spell. Not what an Italian American likes to do.

Like the thought of star trek movies, I did the New BG this weekend got through miniseries, season one and most of season 2.

Enjoys your winey evenings, they sound great
Toni

SandyR
02-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Congratulations to Jeff! I thought I had posted that already but I guess I only thought I should post it and it got lost in fogland.