PDA

View Full Version : Ringing in my ears

lovehubby
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Does anyone else have ringing in their ears. They thought it was the plaguenil but they had me hold off for 3 weeks without it but they are still ringing so I am starting my plaquenil back up tomorrow, I think it is just the Lupus am I wrong?

mountaindreamer
02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
hi michelfish,

i have the occassional ringing, but nothing more than the occassional aggravation. I have seen some threads here about people who did suffer with the ringing, so i feel sure that someone will be along very soon who can help you with this.

good luck, and i hope you find some answers.

lovehubby
02-06-2011, 05:42 PM
thank you for the response !!!

Merrilyn OZ
02-06-2011, 06:01 PM
I have Tinitus (ringing in the ears) have had it for so long don't remember when it started.
My GP and Rheumy seem to agree that its a result of the arthritic changes caused by the Lupus. I'm on prenisolone and methotrexate amongst other meds but they can't offer any helpful advice or treatment just "live with it"
Some times it worse than other times, music or other sounds mask it during the day to some degree.But if I stop and listen like now at the computer the "cicaders are singing" quite loudly.
Sorry don't have any helpful advice.
But hang in there some one may have some ideas that will help us both.

magistramarla
02-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I was diagnosed with Meniere's long before the AI issues. Later, my rheumy in Texas told me that there is something called Autoimmune Inner Ear Disorder, so the ringing in my ears, vertigo and imbalance was probably the first indication of autoimmune stuff starting to show up.
Look up both Meniere's and AIED and see if they seem to make sense for you, too.
Hugs,
Marla

SandyR
02-07-2011, 07:28 AM
yes, but unfortunately never when I am at a doctor's office and never long enough to make me go to doctors.

rob
02-07-2011, 08:40 AM
I have a loud, constant ringing in my ears, but in me it's most likely from an accident many years ago. I had a device known as a flash-bang grenade go off a couple of feet away from me. The ringing can be quite irritating, and I can often hear it over the normal background noise of daily life. I've tried some of these tinnitus treatments you hear advertised, with no good results.

Rob

lovehubby
02-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I think it is connected to this lupus I could be wrong but I just don't know !!!