PDA

View Full Version : umm. new here, ok.

TPugliese
02-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi, My name is tracey pugliese. I was diagnosed with discoid about two years ago, and systemic shortly after that. Im 35 years old tomorrow, and one of the rare men to have this um, disease. My doc thinks it may be linked to me having Guillain-Barre syndrome as a child. I have severe stenosis in c2,3,4, and five as well. I guess im looking for a place to vent, cause theres nobody around here that understands what I have and how it affects me. So i guess Most what i will be doing is posting a blog here and there, i dont know. Just a vent to keep a mental breakdown away, i guess. Any how, here i am.

tgal
02-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi Tracey! Welcome to WHL! Although I know Lupus is more rare in men we have several men here suffering with this disease. We completely understand the need to vent. That is one of the things this place was made for. Although we have people in our physical world that love us they don't get what it is like to live as we do. So vent, cry, yell, laugh or whatever you feel like doing. You are now a part of our WHL family and we are really glad to have you

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
02-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Tracey, And Welcome to WHL!!! And so glad you've joined this wonderful forum.
There are lot's of great careing & supportive people on here, and load's of information.
Or just a great place to vent if you want to. Stoped by to say hi and welcome to whl.
Hope you have a good day!!!!!! Diane,

rob
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Hello Tracey,

I'm Rob, another one of the rare guys with Lupus. I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004. This is a perfect place to vent, as people here really do understand how this disease affects a person. I noticed on your profile that you are into restoring old cars. So am I. I look forward to talking with you! Welcome to WHL.

Rob

Peridot_Gem
02-04-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi Tracey,
Welcome to the WHL and you've joined the best family for help and venting, as it was the best thing i did and like yourself needed to let lose on what i was going through besides understanding it more and there great people on here and so very supportive.

Take a look around the threads mate it might be more rare in men but you still suffer like the women.

Hugs Terri X

Angel Oliver
02-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Just to say Welcome to the forum and Happy Birthday woohoo.Keep posting.Catch up with you soon.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

Peridot_Gem
02-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi Tracey,
Just seeing how your feeling since you joined and i hope your not suffering in to much pain.