PDA

View Full Version : ST JAMES THE old MISSING moderator is back WITH A new name........!!!!!!!!

BLUESMAN
02-02-2011, 05:21 AM
HI GUYS,
I have to run to have my coumadin checked but also wanted to sign in to say HELLO to all my old Friends.
I wonder who I still know here today

Anyway for years I was a moderator along with SUZIE and we had a nice thing going, but as life goes something took over my life and for the past 3 years every 4 months.
I have needed heart surgery.
The last one was at DEBORAH HOSPITAL IN SOUTH JERSEY rated in the top 10 cardiac hospitals in the country JUST 2 1/2 WEEKS AGO.

It was devistating to my wife and then to make things worse those of you remember my dogs were my life well my LAST greyhound passed away after I got home.
She took a nap with me and at 4 am in the morning was whimpering n pain and was bleeding out fromm eyes , ears ,mouth etc.

Even with Staples in my chest and 8 stitches I lifted here into the back of my car and took her to be taken out of pain......it ripped my heart out by I refuse to let my dogs suffer.
Also in this 3 years my wife was diagnosed with MS......I swear I thought this was more than any one person can take....then I went past the childrens oncology ward and felt bad for them and that I was whinning.

For those who remember I am a fighter, I did not come home from NAMN to pass away frommLUPUS though I stillget that SAME DAMN ANSWER WHENEVER THEY HAVE NO REAL ANSWER......IT MUST BE THE LUPUS.Same old story.

From years of Prednisone I have 4 catraracts in my left eye and two in the right, some kidney detioration.

But after 9 heart surtgeries....two heart attacks one stroke, a myriad of auto-immune diseases, and still a ton of metal in my neck n back from a Motorcycle accident in 1999 my life is PAIN all the time and enough extra crap to WHINE forever BUT WHY??
WHY RUIN TODAY when it may turn out to be an OK DAY?????

You too must look at life this way or else you'll beat yourself.
LUPUS SUCKS....Ihave BOTH tyopesd SLE ane DISCOID what is worse......TO ME DISCOID because I ama professional guitarist even at 55 I am still sitting in on sessions and adding tracks to albums....plus my guitars have become my therapist.

Playing the blues is all I know...why? I was brough up in orphanges, fought my way through the strreetsof NYC had to fight for food, blankets etc, then into NAMN at age 16 by changing myh Birth Certificate and saw more than I needed to, then fighting again to survive n the streets of NYC.....so basically after all that n then now this new news with my heart and what hurt me most is my wife diagnosis.

BUT WE NEVER STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE MOST OF EVERYTHING......YOU HAVE TO

GIVING UP IS TO EASY...BLAMING EVERYONBE FROM GOD TO RELATIVES FOR PASSING IT ON DOES NOT MATTER AND IS WRONG.

FIRST IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW YOU GOT IT
YOU DID SO NOW DEAL WITH IT>
You did not get it FROM RELATIVERS as it is not hereditory.

SO BASICALLY YOU CAN LAY AT HOME FEELING LIKE CRAP AND MAKING YOUR HUSBAND, WIFE, KIDS MISERABLE OR YOU CAN smile AND TRY TO ENJOY THE GOOD TIMES WHILE YOU CAN.
LUPUS CAN BE FATAL...BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE TO.

FOR THOSE LIKE "LADYBUG" WHOM WE LOST TO THIS DISEASE WE DESERVE TO LIVE OUR LIVES TO THE FULLEST.

WELL THAT;S IT I HAVE TO LAY BACK DOWN....STAPLES ARE PULLING AT ME

I HOPE YA'LL WELCOME ME BACK AND UNDERSTAND WHY I HAVE BEEN GONE I DO NOT LIKE TO BROADCAST BAD NEWS AND THIS WAS TO MUCH FOR ME TO DEAL WITH I DID NOT WANT IT TO BECOME THE MAIN TOPIC HERE.

WITH ALL THE NEWBIES TO THE FORUM AND TO LUPUS THEY NEED MORE INFO AND HELP THAN I DID.....I KNOW WHAT I WAS UP AGAINST

SO NOW I HAVE A FULL QUAD BY PASSS, 8 STENTS A PACEMAKER AND I'LL FIND OUT MONDAY IF THE VALVE LASTED AND HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?????

I STILL HAVE SOME MINOR PROCEDURES TO FINSIH UP WITH OVER THE NEXT MONTH AND THANKS TO THE EGYPTIANS I GUESS THAT VACATION I WAS TAKING MY WIFE ON TWO WEEKS IN EGYPT AND 4 WEEKS IN SICILY WILL NOW BE 4 WEEKS IN SICILY AND 2 IN ITALY !!!!

I LOOK FORWARD TO SAYING HELP TO OLD FRIENDS AND HOPEFULLY HELPING NEW MEMBERS.

RESPECTFULLY

BLUESMAN aka ST JAMES

tgal
02-02-2011, 06:38 AM
Well let me be the first to officially welcome you back to your old stomping ground! I am sorry that you have had such a rough time of it but I am glad that your spirits are still high and that you found your way back! There are many here that you will know and many new ones that you will meet but, as always, all of them are wonderful people trying to find their way through this stupid disease.

Once again, welcome back. We are really glad to have you

tiggerlishus - Heidi
02-02-2011, 07:36 AM
WOW what a story you have been throu a rough time but as tgal said welcome back so glad you felt that you could come back xxxx

SandyR
02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome back! I am one of the newbies who slipped in after you left and it's very nice to meet you. My heart goes out to you. All you've been through and losing your poor dog too. She's beautiful. What is her name?

Angel Oliver
02-02-2011, 11:50 AM
You know something,as the years passed by we always bumped your thread forward and we always asked how you were doing even though we had never chatted.So sorry to hear about your dog passing,i know it hurts allot as my little DAISY passed in 2009.Its empty when they go.But thankfully your little dog had you.That was so brave of you after surgery to carry your dog and get it to the vet.Its heartbreaking but like you i too couldnt let her suffer,you just know when its their time,a different noise they make.
I am so sorry to read about all you have been through,but wow what a fighter!! So glad you are back.Many will be so happy to see you back,Rob,Carlotta and many more.
Welcome home!!
lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

Nonna
02-02-2011, 11:59 AM
Welcome back, I'm one of the newbies. But I just wanted to say, I'm glad you found your way home. I just lost a dog and cat this past year so I'm in tears for you. I'm sure others will be glad to see you're back.

Strength and endurance to us all,
Nonna

rob
02-02-2011, 12:50 PM
St. James,

It's great to have you back! You know, when I saw the new member name BLUESMAN, I actually wondered if that might be you. You've had a long haul, and I'm sorry to hear that your wife has MS. I was also diagnosed with secondary progressive MS, and that's in addition to having SLE. Yep, I've got both.

Anyway, we have some catching up to do!

Rob

Hunniebun
02-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Welcome back and nice to meet you!

lupiegirl
02-02-2011, 01:54 PM
St James!!!!!!! Oh sorry Bluesman!
You were one of the first people to welcome me way back in time when I first found WHL. You have always been a "cheerleader" even though you yourself were suffering.

Welcome back... I hope you find the comfort and strenght needed to live well. I know it is hard, we all do.

Keeping you in my prayers.

BLUESMAN
02-02-2011, 02:50 PM
St James!!!!!!! Oh sorry Bluesman!
You were one of the first people to welcome me way back in time when I first found WHL. You have always been a "cheerleader" even though you yourself were suffering.

Welcome back... I hope you find the comfort and strenght needed to live well. I know it is hard, we all do.

Keeping you in my prayers.

THANK YO ALL SO MUCH...It's nice to be remembered, not that I forgot any of you I just had a fight to deal with!!!

As ya know I really hate to be negative so I did not want to flood the pages with I'm back in the hospital BS
LUPIEGIRL I REMEMBER when ya first showed up and I am HAPPY to see you;re in a much better place.

BLUESMAN OR ST JAMES IT ALL COMES DOWN TO A GUY WITH LONGHAIR AND HAS LUPUS !!!

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME BACK !!!

James

magistramarla
02-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi Bluesman,
Welcome back to WHL! I joined the family at about the time that you went missing. I read quite a few posts about you at that time.
We're very close in age - I'm 53. I had a few slightly older friends who went to 'Nam just before I finished HS, so I know the time period that you are talking about well.
You've had a tough fight, and I hope that you feel like coming back to share with us. We don't mind a bit of bad news and venting - that's what we all come here for -
others who understand what we're venting about.
Hugs,
Marla

slim
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
wow thats a lot of crap for one person to handle and not lose their mind, that goes to show your strenght and willpower. ANYWAYS im a newbie and just wanted to say hello and welcome. Ill keep you and you wife in my prayers.

get well soon
slim (guerlyne)

mountaindreamer
02-03-2011, 03:23 PM
hi bluesman,

i joined at about the same time as angel girl, and i too remember reading many of your posts, and i remember other members looking for you. I am so honored to see you back...i truly look forward to personally learning from you.

like Marla, i knew many young men who went to Nam when they were so young, my heart still aches for the ones that did not make it back. I honor you for your service.

you are carrying a huge weight on your shoulders, you have endured so many medical issues, and now you face your wife's diagnosis. I know your strength will keep you going, but please remember that we are here if you ever need a "cyber" friend.

(hmmm, must have pushed a button....the typeface just changed, and i don't have a clue....)

oh, and yes....welcome back....so glad you are here.

Merrilyn OZ
02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Hi Bluesman, I'm another newbie since you were around. Its been a long dificult journey for you but reading your history gives me strength in facing my oncoming battle. i was recently diagnosed with oesophagal cancer (early stages luckily) but will need major surgery. Like you I look at my glass as half full not half empty. Thank you for coming back at a time when I need a boost to my moral, you've given renewed strength.
I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts
Welcome back and thanks
Merrilyn

BLUESMAN
02-13-2011, 10:51 AM

HEY GUYS,

I just want to thank you all especially the NEW people who had read my older posts and got something from it.

ROB YOU STOLE MY JOB !!!( quite allright as I was in no condition and when I am down I really hate to pass it on to others whose days may be better)
BTW YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.

Well I have had a couple of INCIDENTS as expected......after we got hit with 3 18 inch snowfalls luckily my neighbors are saints and I had 3 different ones doing my driveway....it;s biggie about 80 feet long x 40 feet wide.....but 3 men with snow blowers like ANGELS from above made sure it was safe for me to walk on.....
Well I managed to find that one piece of ice and fell backward tearing out two staples,a few stitches and re-cracking two ribbies!!!

I know YA GOTTA LAUGH....but then I went this past Monday to DEBORAH HOSPITAL which is in the top 5 in the country for HEART AND LUNGS..... but the news was less than what I expected.

They want to go back in TWO more times.....DAMN IT !!!!! 30 months and 10 surgeries and 2 more to go CMON !!!

Well ya can;t fight it so I did ask if it was that URGENT that I needed to stay that day....though he wanted me to I explained to him how the stress level is about to BLOW on myself and more importantly my wife....MY ANGEL.

Between nearly losing me in that surgery, and our dog the day after we came home she has been pushed to her breaking point...she thought we were gonna sit around today but I surprised her and gave her $1000.00 bucks to go buy herself a new spring outfits, or maybe a new lens for her camera.

I did tell her last night that I am due to go back in about 3 weeks....she took it ok I guess. I neeed a NEW VALVE they tried to save it but it continues to leak probably due to COUMADIN, and other blood thinners....
I'm NOT allowed to shave as of yet and I HATE A BEARD...I may have LONG HAIR but it;s not to gray but my beard PURE WHITE !!!!!

So basically I am OK......very very very tired sleeping 16 hours a day....terrible headaches. I did find out what the intense pain was at one pointin the surgery........when they use a catheter to put a stent in it has this tool on the end of a wore and it broke 8 inches into my arterie,they had to put a tournequet to ensure it did not get any further into me had it reached my heart .,..DUM DA DUM DUM..NOT GOOD

So that answers why I had so many stitches in my leg.

Sadly one of my best friends and a hell of a musician who was in THIN LIZZY and had a huge solo career GARY MOORE died of congestive heart failure at 58 yo......he n I collaborated on a few songs and I was lucky enough to be asked to be on two of his albums.

I have been asked to play with several bands this summer at the NYC BLUES FESTIVAL down by where the TWIN TOWERS were.
This has certrainly given me plenty of lyrics but with the DISCOID LUPUS on my hands everytime I play I end up with a ton of blood on my guitars....but oddly while playing I DO NOT FEEL ANY PAIN.

Well time for me to practice.....and take about 6 more pills.

STAY STRONG, and remember if ya feel well today DO NOT waste it thinking of days that sucked as then you'll have wasted a prescious day like today.

I can GUARANTTE YOU THIS......ladies run yourself a nice bath, maybe a lavander candle some nice salts and put on some good music that will relax ya.....when ya get out make yourslef look as good as ya want....you'll be surprised if YA LOOK GOOD YA END UP FEELING GOOD !!!

Guys....take a shower, shave, and go out and find something special to let you wife know that without her LIFE WOULD BE MUCH WORSE...

JUST REMEMBER tax TIME IS COMINg AND every mile ya drive, every band aid ya buy, trip to the pharmacy< docs< re_hab> anything to do with your health is tax decuctible, EVEN SUCH ITEMS AS HEATING PADS AND OVER THE COUNTER ITEMS.
IT ALL ADDS UP....

WellI don;t wanna babble on......so nice to see ya'll doing well and I;ll keep in touch .....soon I'll be taking care of the last few bits of my heart surgeries and then 6 weeks in SICILY to see family.

Have a good day and find something you can do that eases your mind, and keeps you OUR OF YOUR OWN HEAD...for that is a DARK and DANGEROUS place.

With LOVE and RESPECT,

James

Nonna
02-13-2011, 12:59 PM
James,
Your life is full of trouble; don't let it get you down. You got the talent, you got the music..... So man you sing them Blues. Sing them for me, you and all of us. Music is life's emotion and release.

If you can't play then listen, enjoy Sicily, this is one Italian American who will not make it there.

Hugs and good thoughts
Nonna

Bonita
02-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi i am a newbe since you were gone but this website has been a Godsend to me and all the wonderfull people on it. Sorry about all the things in your life that you have had to handle and welcome back. Bonita

rob
02-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Hola Amigo,

Thanks for the compliment!

I heard about Gary Moore passing away, it's very sad news. Another outstanding artist from a different time and genre also passed away recently. One of my all time favorite composer/conductors Sir John Barry just passed away at the age of 72. He was best known for his epic movie scores such as the 007 Theme, and the Oscar/Grammy Award winning masterpiece score from the movie Dances with Wolves. He was a huge influence for me, and one of my inspirations for learning the piano.

Sounds like you've received some heavy snow down your way too. It's been a record year for snowfall up here in Maine. Got myself a new snowblower that's working nicely for my own rather long driveway.

Do you think you'll be able to do the gig at the WTC site? If so, that would really be something to remember, I hope you can do it.

You've been through more than I can imagine these past few years. The fact that you are still alive and kicking is a great thing to see.

Rob

jmail
02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Hey Bluesman/St. James (sounds like an album title to me...) - Glad you're here once again. 'nother guit-nut here! Not in your league, but have fun with it none-the-less. I used to be a so-so professional in a local band that "almost" made it... lolol - Alcohol took me places I shouldn't have been, and that's the end of that story. Anyway, got any advice on keeping the fingers "limber" and going where you want them to? I have issues anymore with keeping control of my right hand when fingerpicking. Losing time, and that "fine" touch of motor "skill", if you know what I mean. Sounding more mechanical anymore, and not having that "fluid", "in the groove" thang like I used to. I'll get the occasional cramp in the left hand, but that's probably more from not playing as much as I used to. btw, if you ever feel like you've got too many guitars, maybe not enough room in the crib for 'em all, just ring me up and I'll help take one off your hands and keep it for you for a while... like maybe the ES335?... lolol

Thanks for your service to our country, and I like your "Location:" tag - lolol - prayin' for you and yours.

BLUESMAN
02-14-2011, 07:32 AM

click TWICE on each tumbnail for a stnadrd size pic....full size!!!!! CLICK TWICE !!!!

ALL YOU GUYS ARE GREAT AND ROB FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT ANY TIME IF I MAY BE OF HELP TO YOU OR REFER SOMEONE TO ME
I AM STILL HOLDING MY CSAC CERTIFICATE AND CAN STILL GIVE THERAPY TO PEOPLE WITH FULL ANONIMITY.
PM ME N SEND ME AN EMAIL ADRESS SO I CAN CONTACT YOU ROB.
BTW YOU:RE DOING A FINE JOB AND YES I DO HOPE TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT GIG...
I CAN ALWAYS SIT AND PLAY IOF NEEDED BUT i WILL BE THERE UNLESS I AM HOSPITALIZED.!!!!

Nonna NOT SO SURE IF SICILY is a place I should be.....my family in SICILY was part of the BLACK HAND and my grandfather was married to VITO GENOVESE'S DAUGHTER so you;re in whether ya like it or not !!!

IF I go I have been warned by our own government that I will be followed, possibly even have my phones tapped as they think I would be coming to bring info back to the USA. they suggest i do not go as they can drum up some bum charges just for talking to relatives.

I really am not going for trouble the whole idea is to de-stress.

I can say my real last name but let;s just say my dad's cousin is way to involved locally.
I just want to go to see family but not get involved with all that other crap and one problem may be just getting a VISA to allow me in the country.
We'll see If I go I am going to relax not get caught up in some international BS.
Just getting most of my meds into the country without a hassle and my wife's whose meds come pre-loaded in syringes.

WE shall see.
BONITA........You were meant to find this site and what is the GOD SEND is the fact that you;re doing well and now have a place to talk to to others who may be dealing with the same problems...just remember we all may have LUPUS but we all have it in different degrees and have other diagnosis's that may make the LUPUS worse or maybe put it on the back seat..so please gauge yourself on how you feel don;t read into others problems and look for em in you........
Just KEEP youself and YOUR MENTAL health on the top of your things to do list you'll do just fine....I PROMISE

Every time I think I am getting down and feel like OH WHY ME,
I pack up a guitar and some pics n cd;s and go to CHILDRENS HOSPITAL.
Sure it sucks to be sick but I am 56 and when I look at a 8 year old kid who has no idea what life or FUN even is it makes me feel like a dope for even having the nerve to say I feel crappy .

Most of those kids will never see there senior PROM, drive a car, have a family...or just be themseleves.

I always let my hair get to a length below my azzzz ,I have it cut off and give it to LOCKS FOR LOVE who make wigs for kids with cancer
The Pony tail must be a minumum of 12 inches. I could get up to $1000.00 for my pony tails but i thnk giving it to htese kids is worth far more than 1000.00 bucks !!!
So they must be getting a few wigs out of what I give them annually.
It mostly puts things into perspective.....
I have already lived...and I would give my life to see one of those kids get out of the hospital with a positive prognosis and a life to look forward to.
'I give guitar lessons to some of the teenagers twice a month and give a couple guitars out to the most advanced or improved student annually.....it;s my way of giving back.

jmail.....THE NAME OF THE UPCOMING CD IS
"ST JAMES AND THE BLUES DISCIPLES"
TITLED " THE BLUES, THE TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH"
OR
"LIVING WITH THE BLUES...A DEADLY DIAGNOSIS"

I HAD PROBLEMS AFTER MY STROKE, I WENT TO pLAY AND NOTHING WAS COMING TO ME NOTHING I HAD NO IDEA EVEN HOW TO PLAY A G CHORD,.....
I'VE BEEN PLAYING OVER 40 YEARS.....BEEN ON 12 ALBUMS, 6 WORLD TOURs AND NUMEROUS UK TOURS AND TO MANY TO MENTION IN THE USA.
SO YOU CAN IMAGINE MY SURPRISE WHEN I REALIZED I FORGOT THE MOST BASIC STUFF.

THANK GOD IT WASN;T GONE THE LIGHT BULBS HAD BEEN TURNED OFF SO I CALLED MY BUDDY IN NYC AND ASKED HIM TO HELP ME TURN THE BULBS BACK ON AFTER ABOUT THE 6TH LESSON I'VE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED BUT WE DID SOMETHING AND IT ALL CAME BACK AT ONCE ...whew...... SCARRY STUFF.

AS WE AGE WE LOSE SOME MANUAL DEXTERITY TO ARTHRITIS, YOU MAY HAVE RA ALONG WITH LUPUS......
YOU CAN DO A TON OF FINGER EXERCISES OR YOU CAN JUST USE A PIC AND STOP FINGER PICKING...
I KNOW I THINK I WOULD FIGHT IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BEFORE I WOULD JUST GIVE IT UP.....
TRY SQUEEZING A TENNIS BALL ALL DAY LONG TO BUILD UP STRENGTH AND TO STRETCH EVERYTHING OUT.

I KEEP MY HANDS FULLY MOISTURIZED SINCE WHEN THEY DRY OUT THEY RE HARDER TO BEND ETC....
ASIDE FROM THAT I ALSO PUT MY HANDS IN THESE WHITE COTTON GLOVES THAT THEY HAVE AT THE PHARMACY AND FILL EM WITH VASELINE AT NIGHTTO KEEP MY HANDS HYDRATED.

ONLY YOU KNOW WHEN YOU CAN TAKE IT NO MORE....BY THE WAY IT SOUNDS....YOU;VE GOT A BIT OF FIGHT STILL IN YOU.

TILL THEN USE A PIC AND PRACTICE EASIER STUFF SO YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE PLAYING AND DO NOT CRITICIZE YOURSELF TO MUCH RIGHT NOW.
I HAVE ABOUT 30 GUITARS....SO I AM SURE SOMEWHERE IN THERE IS SOMETHING YOU;LL LOVE.
PM ME AND I'LL EMAIL YA WITH SOME PIC OF GEETARS I HAVE.
I CAN FIT PRETTY MUCH ANY BUDGET AND EVERYTHING HAVE IS IN MINT CONDITION.

JAMES

ps...please allow me to apologize for the caps...i have a bad arterie feedingmy left eye and thisis oneof the things they need to fix but due to it it keep my left eye out of focus so i sometimes ht the capos and then forget how many people HATE it and actualoloy think you;re yelling at them,
Soon it should get fixed and i'll be able to see.

lovehubby
02-14-2011, 08:01 AM
I feel that Lupus diffently runs in families. They know that AI runs in families ! Myself my sister and possibly my mother who is now deceased have Lupus. My mother my brother and my sister all have or had MS which also AI. My sister and mother and myself all have the hasimotos thyroiditis also AI. So yes it does run in the family ! take care and I am so sorry about your pets I too am a dog lover and lost one of mine last August.

BLUESMAN
02-14-2011, 08:52 AM
I WOULD AGREE WITH YA BUT ALL THERE WORK HAS SHOWN IT;S BASICALLY LIKE LUKEMIA IT HITS WHOMEVER IT WANTS.
i THINK YOU HAVETO BE PRE-DISPOSED TO AUTO IMMUNE PROBLEMS FIRST.

REMEMBER YOU NO LONGER HABE DR;S WHO TREAT YOU LIKIE APTIENT YOU ARE A CUSTOMER AND SHOUL DYOU BE ON SS AND MEDICARE LIKE I AM THEY'LL DO EVERY TEST WHETHER IT;S NEEDED OR NOT AS LONG AS IT FITS INTO THEM FINDING A DIGANOSIS NUMBER TO CHARGE.
i WOULDS SAY THAT THE HASHIMOTO;S SYNDROME IS SECONDARY TO THE LUPUS....AND SADLY I WOULD GUESS IN SAYING THIS BUT DOWN THE ROAD THERE WILLBE MORE AUTO IMMUNE PROBLEMS TO COME.

i HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT MY BIOLOGICAL MOTHER AS I NEVER KNEW HER...I DO KNOW MY DAD AND HIS FAMILY ALLHAD HEART PROBLEM ADN MY DAD LOST 2 BROTHER AT MY AGE AFTER GOING THROGH BASIALLY ALL THE SAME SURGERIES I HAVE N THEN THEY PASSED AT AGES 54 AND 58.

tHANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS ABOUT MY DOGS THEY ARE , WERE MY FAMILY....IT;S SO LONLEY HERE AFTER 27 YEARSOF 3 GREYHUNDS TO GO TO NONE IS HARD...BUT REPLACING THENM ALSO IS A HIT OR MISS PICK.

WE LOTS A FEMALE LAST AUGUST AS WELL SO TWO DOGS DEAD IN THE PAST 30 MONTH 9 HEART SURGERIES FOR ME, AND MY WIFE GETTING DOAGNOSED WITH MS...WHEW WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS !!!!!

TAKE CARE OF YOU

jAMES

lovehubby
02-14-2011, 09:17 AM
You take care too and tell your wife I am sorry that she has to go through this all with MS on her shoulders

SandyR
02-14-2011, 09:20 AM
St James,

Are you near Washington Crossing Park? I have a sister in that area - Doylestown - and I remember going to that park with my nieces when they were very little. I still cross into the state in that area sometimes although I generally prefer 202 at this time of the year.
I hope you do get to the Blues Fest. Have you ever done the one in Riverhead? I can't wait till all the music fests start up again. I missed a lot of them the last 2 summers being so sun sick and having so many family things last year too.
Deborah is about 15 minutes from my family's house. I was born in that area but it's not where I grew up or live. Since I have Sarc and my mom is no longer living in the area I live, it's good to know of another heart and lung hospital that is near family in case I need it. (knock on wood I won't for a long long time)

tgal
02-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I WOULD AGREE WITH YA BUT ALL THERE WORK HAS SHOWN IT;S BASICALLY LIKE LUKEMIA IT HITS WHOMEVER IT WANTS.
i THINK YOU HAVETO BE PRE-DISPOSED TO AUTO IMMUNE PROBLEMS FIRST.

jAMES

I have to disagree with you a bit here. Everything that I have read says that most of the time it does run in families, at least the "potential" to have autoimmune issues. The question seems to be what "turns on" the actually disease. Some believe a virus gets it started, some believe it is exposure to chemicals while others believe it could be something as innocent as having a high stress situation in your like. Sadly there are too few answers for a disease that has been around as long as this one.

Hope everyone is having a great Valentines day

rob
02-14-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm also of the opinion that it does run in families. There are just too many families with multiple members who have SLE or other related AI disorders for me to reach any other conclusion. My family is a prime example, as my mother has SLE.

Rob

Nonna
02-14-2011, 11:33 AM
So far I'm the only one in my family. But since they didn't called that before??????????? At 62, How can you tell?

St James I know exactly what you mean by don't talk about it. I do, believe me. I have always wondered, but you just don't talk.

Saysusie
02-14-2011, 02:52 PM
JAMES!!
This is me running up to you, jumping up in your arms, squeezing your neck and yelling "You're Home, You're Home, You're Home!"
I am so sorry, we were on a 2 weeks vacation when you re-joined. But I am so..so..happy to see you here. We've spoken several times during you absence and you've helped me through some very rough times during that time also. Again..I am so sorry about the loss of your dogs, about what you continue to have to go through, and for Wendy's diagnosis. As always, you both are in my heart and my prayers!
I am excited about your new CD project and can't wait to hear it! I know it is going to ROCK!! I LOVED the pictures :-)
Thank you for always being so uplifting and providing such great information! {Grinning from ear-to-ear}. Welcome Home Bluesman!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

jmail
02-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Thirty-some guitars... I'm way jealous man, St. James... lolol - I'd be in your guitar room for *months* on end... lolol - and if you have more than one tube amp, I'd go comotose... So long as you're not like this guy (tic):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7rWiY5obI
when did they start doing ads on *all* the clips?... Anyway

Album titles can be tough to come by, can't they? Can't be too long... You want to catch a person's attention and convey a "feeling" or "impression" that will get the person to want to hear what's inside. From there, the music does it. Maybe like "Nothin' But The Truth", or "Deadly Diagnosis"... You got a song "Deadly Diagnosis"?... I can "see" it from the medical side, but also the "love" side... "She's gotcha!"