PDA

View Full Version : Anyone found any otc products for severe itch and rash?

Colleens
11-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I have tried everything I think OTC for this, my first rheumy appt (for the Lupus) is on the 18th. Do you think she will put me on Plaquenil and Pred? My gp put me on pred, seems to help some, but still itches and gets really red spots on arms and chest. Feel like a leper. I have scars from old lesions too. What can I use. I had some relief from Sarna (sensitive skin formula).
Thanks

golfgirl
11-07-2005, 07:53 PM
I have found that the best product out for rashes is cetaphil. It comes in a bar and liquid form. I use it everyday, and it seems to work most of the times.

Good Luck,

Golfgirl

TracyDawn
11-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Benadryl. Have you tried that? If it doesn't work, it might help if you ask your primary dr (or the rheumy if you can wait) for a prescription for Atarax. That's what they gave me for my itching. Usually I take benadryl and it works but sometimes not and that is when I use the atarax. Both of those can make you drowsy tho so make sure you won't be driving if you take them. I hope you find something that helps. Itching is awful when it never goes away and seems to move when you scratch it.

Colleens
11-08-2005, 03:38 PM
thanks for posting all of you...
I have tried benedryl yes, havent tried cetaphil, I am currently on pred it is helping and atarax

lexis214
11-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Colleens,
I had tried everthing OTC with no success. My honey came home with something called Lanacane maximum strength. To my disbelief it miraculously worked. As soon as I had relief from the awful itches, all the sores that I had sratched started to heal. Wish I would have found this before I put scares on both arms..
You have to try this right away and I hope it brings you the same relief it brings me Let me know if it works??
I had to have Open Heart Surgery in June 2004 mitral valve replacement. Wasn't aware at that time about the Lupus. I was told by my Rheumy that the Lupus was what had damaged my heart valve.
My Question???? Once you have had organ ivolvement does that mean it will be more likely for you to have it again on another organ?? Hope to hear from you soon!!!!

Angie

lexis214
11-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Colleens,
I had tried everthing OTC with no success. My honey came home with something called Lanacane maximum strength. To my disbelief it miraculously worked. As soon as I had relief from the awful itches, all the sores that I had sratched started to heal. Wish I would have found this before I put scares on both arms..
You have to try this right away and I hope it brings you the same relief it brings me Let me know if it works??
I had to have Open Heart Surgery in June 2004 mitral valve replacement. Wasn't aware at that time about the Lupus. I was told by my Rheumy that the Lupus was what had damaged my heart valve.
My Question???? Once you have had organ ivolvement does that mean it will be more likely for you to have it again on another organ?? Hope to hear from you soon!!!!

Angie

lexis214
11-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Colleens,

Angie

lexis214
11-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Colleens,

Angie

lexis214
11-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Colleens,

Angie

lexis214
11-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Colleens,

Angie

Colleens
11-14-2005, 08:05 PM
Lanacane max works and Sarna lotion!!!!

I defer to an expert, but if one organ is involved i believe others can be too.