PDA

View Full Version : Noob!

VannaMazing
01-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Hey! I'm Vanessa, I'm almost 21, and I just found on Thursday the 27th of this month, so like 3 days ago, that I have SLE. It has been a really rough few days. I'm having a really hard time with adjusting to this, and having to take my meds and all that jazz, so yeah, not only am i a noobie here, I'm also a noob to this whole SLE thing. But this seemed like an awesome way to talk to people like myself. anyways, I dont want to keep rambling!

Nonna
01-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Hi Vanessa, welcome to WHL. This is definitely the best site you'll find to ask about things you don't understand. Read the threads, especially the stickies. Ask questions and some one will always try to help you. I've seen you already found the chat box and that's where we can talk to each in IM fashion .

Now to you, yes, this is a hard diagnosis for you to accept. But sweetheart, you know now; some of us are still struggling to find out for sure what's wrong. I had to wait almost 50 years to find this out. My reaction was crazy relief.
About the meds, your best bet is to sit down and talk about a schedule with your pharmist. I work around mealtimes and set up reminders in my itouch and cellphone, these I have with me at all times.

Hugs and Good Thoughts,
Nonna

Yes, you'll have to make some adjustments to your Life style, but isn't it better to know?

rob
01-30-2011, 04:04 AM
Hi Vanessa,

Welcome to WHL! I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004. The things you are feeling right now are normal, and it will take time to adjust, and accept a new normal. But, have hope, there are hundreds of people here, myself included, who have been successfully living with SLE for many years. If we can do it, so can you. Lupus will change your life, but it's not an end by any stretch. You are already doing one of the most effective things you can do to cope, and that's reaching out to others with Lupus. No matter how supportive friends and family can be, the only people who can really understand what we go through, are others like us.

We're an easy going group, so don't hesitate to jump into the conversation whenever you like! Make yourself at home!

Rob

kim,l
01-30-2011, 04:06 AM
Hi vanessa welcome whl i know it can be daunting when you are first diagnosed we are here for you anytime you need to talk hugs kiml

Angel Oliver
01-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Welcome Vanessa,

Glad you found us.Sorry under these circumstances but we are here to support you.Ask us anything all the members here will help you through all this.
lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

VannaMazing
01-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys! I'm so glad I found this site, you guys are correct, when you say friends and family give you support, but they just dont understand. I just hate taking meds! lol

Peridot_Gem
01-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Hello Vanessa,
Welcome to our lovely large family of the WHL and don't ever think your rambling on because we all know what your going through.

Like other member's have stated it is hard to cope with at times because i have my moments also. I suggest going through the threads and you'll learn so much from them and if you want to know anything either add to a thread simular to what you want to know or do a new thread as we're all here for one another.

Hugs Terri xxx

tgal
01-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi Vanessa! Everyone here has given you wonderful advice so I just wanted to stop in and welcome you to this wonderful group. As Rob said, family and friends can support us but they can't understand. You have now found a place where people do understand and we will be here for you when you want to cry, vent, laugh or just talk. We are your second family and we will always be here when you need us

VannaMazing
01-30-2011, 04:02 PM
You guys are so awesome. I'm so glad I found this place. it is really nice to have people who unserstand, and dont just guess how I feel. It's amazing!

Saysusie
01-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Hi Vanessa;
You have been given some excellent advice from some of our members and have been warmly welcomed. I just wanted to make sure that I, also, welcomed you. Yes, you are indeed amongst people who truly understand and who genuinely care. You will find that there is always someone here when you are in need and that this is a safe place to vent, to share, to ask, to learn, and to find friends. Welcome to our family :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
01-31-2011, 05:37 AM
Hi Vanessa, And welcome!!!!
Several of the other member's have already given you some wonderful advice. You will
find lot's of wonderful and careing people here with great support. I know it's a lot
to take in. I try to take mine one day at a time!
Hope you have a great day!!! Diane,

Peridot_Gem
01-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys! I'm so glad I found this site, you guys are correct, when you say friends and family give you support, but they just dont understand. I just hate taking meds! lolHi Vanessa,
Your welcome from us all and friends and family don't know what your going through only those suffering it the same.

When i used to chat to my hubby i always thought i was doing his head in and most likely was but showing him threads from the site either the same or simular to myself and him hearing what the Doc's have to say, he's so caring and worried now but if i'm really down, my friends and family on the WHL is where i turn as they're so supporting and comforting in all aspects.

Luv Terri xxx