PDA

View Full Version : Pred question.

Hazel
01-29-2011, 05:26 AM
I was just wondering how long everyone has been taking prednisone for. I have been on it for 2 years now and im just a bit worried about it. Im only on 5mg right now.. but i was at 50mg at one stage.

I was just wondering if being on predisone for this length of time is a big concern to anyone else. One of my close friends had to take 12.5mg of prednisone for 2 weeks for her asthma and she was pretty worried even though it was only for a short time. I just got me thinking about it.

xx

scubagramplit
02-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Hello Hazel. I have been on prednisone for 3 years. after being hospitalized for peulerisy, spelling has to be close haha, the docs put me on 40mg wich I was on up until about a year ago and have since tapered down to 4 mg. My doc wouldn't give me any details other than to tell me I can't stay on that much prednisone forever, wich it was the only thing alowing me to try and keep working, and that bad things WILL happen. I kinda blew it off untill somewhere on here I read a post from someone that desribed what their mother went through due to high dose steroid use and I decided right then I wanted off that crap. I will see if I can find that post. Hope this helps. God bless. Jim.

scubagramplit
02-05-2011, 09:27 AM
I give up, I could not find that post, eye's are bugging out now. However I did google effects of long term steroid use, try that, it will give you gobs of information.

Hello Hazel. I have been on prednisone for 3 years. after being hospitalized for peulerisy, spelling has to be close haha, the docs put me on 40mg wich I was on up until about a year ago and have since tapered down to 4 mg. My doc wouldn't give me any details other than to tell me I can't stay on that much prednisone forever, wich it was the only thing alowing me to try and keep working, and that bad things WILL happen. I kinda blew it off untill somewhere on here I read a post from someone that desribed what their mother went through due to high dose steroid use and I decided right then I wanted off that crap. I will see if I can find that post. Hope this helps. God bless. Jim.