PDA

View Full Version : Anger towards people.

hating_that_pred
01-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Im finding myself getting angry and pissed off with anybody for little reasons at the moment. It makes me feel like a bad person and I dont like it. Its almost like I have a feeling of resentment towards people because ive been unfortunate with my kidney problem.

rob
01-28-2011, 03:34 AM
Oh boy, if you could have seen me a couple of days ago. Every single part of my day seemed to be held up, or totally screwed up because of what I saw as a bunch of morons. One thing, and one person after another, and I finally blew my top big time. Fortunately, I did all of my cussing and yelling when I got home, and not actually towards anyone face to face. I'm not a mean, or usually confrontational person, especially when people have really done nothing wrong, but I was ready to tear someone's head off that day.

I find myself angry, tired, and just frustrated more and more these days, and I don't like it.

Rob

hating_that_pred
01-28-2011, 04:41 AM
Cheers for your reply Rob. Good to here from another male sometimes haha. Yeh I know how you felt that day 100%. Glad you could wait untill you got home to lose it, im not as self controlled....seem to lose it anywhere anytime!

Angel Oliver
01-28-2011, 05:43 AM
I hear ya.....gentle hugs.

Love
Amanda.xxxx

scubagramplit
01-28-2011, 05:51 AM
I find myself getting not angry but really short if you know what I mean, and I also get some pretty strong bouts of anxiety. But the getting short with people, family, and biting their heads off for nothing, I really have to keep tabs on myself cause it really makes me feel bad when I'm feeling a bit more normal and I look back at the way I was acting.
I HATE LUPUS
:~}

debbie-b
01-28-2011, 06:19 AM
I can't say, that I get angry at all people, just at the stupid ones.
My coworker for instance, she has had a cold, for about a week and acted like she was dying.
When I started the MTX pills three weeks ago and was nauseated 24/7, she actually said to me, " you are lucky, your nausea will subside soon, but i will still have my cold". WHAT??????????????
I just walked away, because I wanted to deck her.
Now these people make me angry, others just anoy me.

Debbie

scubagramplit
01-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Don't even get me started on stupid people, GRRRRR.

SandyR
01-28-2011, 08:00 AM
I can't say, that I get angry at all people, just at the stupid ones.
My coworker for instance, she has had a cold, for about a week and acted like she was dying.
When I started the MTX pills three weeks ago and was nauseated 24/7, she actually said to me, " you are lucky, your nausea will subside soon, but i will still have my cold". WHAT??????????????
I just walked away, because I wanted to deck her.
Now these people make me angry, others just anoy me.

Debbie

Seriously she deserves a good smack upside the head with some knowledge. Amazing what stupid things people say. Good for you for walking away. I know the way I have been feeling lately that I would've definitely have said a few not so nice things first.

HTP-
I'm right with you. Lately I am such a crankpot. Usually I am the nice, friendly, sarcastic person. Right now I am the stay out of my way if you don't want to catch my bad mood kind of person. No real reason, but people are definitely pissing me off at the moment. I find I am at my worst when driving lately. I just can't stand people driving poorly but it's more aggrevating than ever before to see someone change lanes without a signal or drive a car with one hand on their cell and the other on their cig. I'm finding myself staying more isolated to not lash out at people. I know this will go away, but I really hope it's soon.

scubagramplit
01-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Wow, you sound just like me a few years ago when I was running wild(before dx) If anything this God awfull disease has slowed me down, gotta look for the good right?:~}

Seriously she deserves a good smack upside the head with some knowledge. Amazing what stupid things people say. Good for you for walking away. I know the way I have been feeling lately that I would've definitely have said a few not so nice things first.

HTP-
I'm right with you. Lately I am such a crankpot. Usually I am the nice, friendly, sarcastic person. Right now I am the stay out of my way if you don't want to catch my bad mood kind of person. No real reason, but people are definitely pissing me off at the moment. I find I am at my worst when driving lately. I just can't stand people driving poorly but it's more aggrevating than ever before to see someone change lanes without a signal or drive a car with one hand on their cell and the other on their cig. I'm finding myself staying more isolated to not lash out at people. I know this will go away, but I really hope it's soon.

SandyR
01-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow, you sound just like me a few years ago when I was running wild(before dx) If anything this God awfull disease has slowed me down, gotta look for the good right?:~}

I think being sick is a big part of what's making me this way. I try very hard not to be angry at things I can't change - I feel like that's wasted energy - but it's hard not to go through angry spells. It would be so much more helpful if I could do the things I love, like dancing, without that instant reminder and repurcussion. It would help too if the people who actually knew what's wrong with me didn't tell me it's all in my head. I really do believe in the power of positive thinking. It's the act of speaking or doing without thinking (being stupid) that really gets my goat lately.
OK - Time for me to go dump my coffee and switch to some decaf tea. (((hugs))) thanks for the smile scuba. :)

rob
01-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I feel bad about jumping on people who don't deserve it, but I feel no guilt when I tear into someone who is terminally stupid.

SandyR
01-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Terminally stupid is a perfect description!

Nonna
01-28-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm with y'all. I'm cranky, short tempered and basically miserable lately.

I feel like ignorance is not an excuse.

I started my own campaign by posting Lupus facts on my facebook page. Hopefully my friends pass them on.

My motto is give them a dirty look and move on. No matter what you say they'll get angry with you. The universe does not revolve around the individual as much as we all wish it would.

Trying to project peace and tranquility for a stress free day
nonna

mountaindreamer
01-28-2011, 01:36 PM
i am jumping in.

i have to really work at not being "snippy" at people. i have always considered myself a nice person, but this disease seems to be trying to steal that from me too.....so, i am on a serious campaign to not let lupus take my "pleasant nature" (ha ha ha) away from me. I think we are always in such pain, that it just starts to get us down, and we loose our patience with people (especially the dumb a---- out there).

I have also noticed that i get really "irritable" just before i go into a flare....

i don't want lupus to steal anymore from me.

kim,l
01-28-2011, 06:10 PM
i know how you feel i get reallypeeved off with people who say to me never mind you,ll get over it or you don,t look sick to me i am snippy with everyone lately they only have to look sideways at me and i feel like screaming at them you are not alone hugs kim l