PDA

View Full Version : Tamster

Tamster
01-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Hello everyone. I couldnt believe it when I read a lot of people talking in their threads about my symptoms! What a weight off my shoulders. I am not alone! They began treating my lupus with plaqunil two years ago, and methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis, but it helps with the lupus too, as well as 20 mgs of prednisone and folic acid.I am also diabetic and that alll ties in with treatment, or should I say interferes with it. My friends call me Tamster, and I live in Florida and try to be very active in my health and the treatment of my disease processes, as my joints hurt badly. I also get sores on my scalp as well as in my mouth. Any advice on this from members would be appreciated. Thanks ahead for allowing me to be become a member on your website. Tamster

tgal
01-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi Tamster! Welcome to the WHL family. We are so glad that you are here. This is a wonderful place with fabulous people who know exactly what you are going through and how you feel. The sores, the fatigue, the joint pain... yes, we understand it so well. Please make yourself at home. There is wonderful information in the old threads or feel free to start new ones if you have questions. I look forward to getting to know you and, once again, welcome!

Angel Oliver
01-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Welcome Tamster you have come to the right place as ''we hear ya''!! Just know you are not alone and many members here will come and support you.Ask anything we will help where we can.Just settle in n i;ll catch up with you soon.

love Amanda.xxxx

Nonna
01-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Hi Tamster and welcome,
this is a great site, we are like one big family covering the world. We are here for each other. You mentioned your in Florida. There are a few members down there who give me good advice. I'll be moving down there sooner or later to help my parents. I'm down in South Florida on the Atlantic side every 3-4 months

hugs and good thoughts,
nonna

scubagramplit
01-25-2011, 06:26 AM
I have found LYSINE which is an over the counter supplement keeps the sores out of my mouth.

Hello everyone. I couldnt believe it when I read a lot of people talking in their threads about my symptoms! What a weight off my shoulders. I am not alone! They began treating my lupus with plaqunil two years ago, and methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis, but it helps with the lupus too, as well as 20 mgs of prednisone and folic acid.I am also diabetic and that alll ties in with treatment, or should I say interferes with it. My friends call me Tamster, and I live in Florida and try to be very active in my health and the treatment of my disease processes, as my joints hurt badly. I also get sores on my scalp as well as in my mouth. Any advice on this from members would be appreciated. Thanks ahead for allowing me to be become a member on your website. Tamster

Peridot_Gem
01-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Hello Tamster,
Welcome to the WHL and it's nice to have you join us and we all help one another in our own possible way.

I've not had the head or mouth sores but other's will help who have had it such as scubagamplit who's already been intouch with you.

Venture through the threads and you'll find alot in common with your own symptoms.

Terri xx

Saysusie
01-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Hello Tamster;
Welcome to our family :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie