PDA

View Full Version : Hi! New here!

jeanneac
01-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Hi to everyone! I am happy to find this forum. I have read some of the posts and can certainly relate to a lot of them. I have a positive ANA, am sensitive to the sun, elevated sed rate, my other lupus tests are negative. I can't tolerate the sun and I have a lot of joint pain. The rheumatologist put me on plaquenil 200 mg a day and 10 mg of prednisone a day. I am feeling better. Still a little tired. I think a higher dose of prednisone would be better but I don't want to go there.
I just wish they knew for sure what this was. They said perhaps a mixed connective tissue disease or overlap. They are not so worried about putting a label on it but getting me well. I guess don't have a problem with that. I just am tired of being tired and achy. I want to get back to exercising and feeling energetic. I am too young to feel this old. I am going to try an exercise class today for the first time in several years. I am going to take it very slow!
Thanks for listening!

tgal
01-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi Jeanneac and welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us. This is a wonderful site full of great people who are always willing to help.

So many of us know the place that you are in right now. No name but meds to try to fix the symptoms. Even with a name that is pretty much all they can do. Let us know how the exercise goes tonight. I look forward to getting to know you

rob
01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Hello Jeanneac, welcome to our group. Please make yourself at home!

Rob

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Hi Jeanneac, And welcome!!!!!! There are lot's of wonderful people here! and load's
of information. Hope you have a great day! Diane,

tortugal
01-24-2011, 03:04 PM
yup I am in your boat too, so scoot over :) Welcome! Hope you did ok at your exercise class! I just got a "medical hold" on my gym membership because I haven't been able to do anything in a few months, so you are doing better than me, at least you're trying :)

Peridot_Gem
01-25-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Jeanneac,
Welcome to our large family of the WHL and i hope your exercise class goes well for you.

Refering what your going through we all know what your suffering and how it can make you feel plus i hope the threads we've all added help you in one way or another.

It will be nice getting to know you Terri xx

Saysusie
01-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Hello and Welcome Jeanneac:
Welcome to our family where you will find that everyone here understands and is more than willing to offer help, in any way that we can. I am glad that you are here :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

kim,l
01-26-2011, 04:40 PM
welcome jeanneac to whl glad you have joined us we are a family here always here for one another hugs kim l