PDA

View Full Version : Just for Fun - Non Lupus Related

GoodDog
01-23-2011, 07:02 PM
This is freaky! This year we will experience 4 unusual dates...1/1/11, 1/11/11, 11/1/11, 11/11/11... NOW go figure this out...take the last 2 digits of the year you were born plus the age you will be this year and it WILL EQUAL TO 111!

There has to be some mathematical reason for this but it's beyond my comprehension. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/big_standart/shok.gif

magistramarla
01-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Cool!!!
My hubby, the math person, offered to explain it to me. I declined.
He also pointed out that the 111 doesn't work for kids born in this century - theirs adds up to 11.
Grandson David - born 1999 - add 12 (age this year) = 111
Grandson Kyle - born 2004 - add 7 (age this year) = 11
Grandson Ryan - born 2010 - add 1 (age this year) = 11
Still cool, though!
Hugs,
Marla

GoodDog
01-23-2011, 10:03 PM
I figured there was some explanation but I'm glad he didn't ruin it for us dreamers. LOL

I have 3 granddaughters, age 11, 6 and 4. Unfortunately they're living in Mexico and I haven't seen them in over 2 years. His job won't end there for a couple more years but at least they're happy and the girls are exposed to a lot of culture in Acapulco.

magistramarla
01-23-2011, 10:29 PM
We're in California for the military. My hubby is working on a PHD at the Naval Postgraduate School.
The grandsons are in three different states.
David in Texas, Kyle in Colorado and Ryan in Arkansas (Little Rock AFB).
We have five kids in four different states.
At least we do get to see them a bit more than you get to see your granddaughters. We just spent Christmas with the
whole crew in San Antonio. We're glad to be back to our quiet life on the coast!

Sounds like you are due for a Mexican vacation, hmmm?
Hugs,
Marla

GoodDog
01-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Unfortunately I can't fly. I have another AI that's rare and when I fly it really acts up. I'm not well enough in general anyway and it's probably best they aren't here. It's all I can do to take care of myself and that's with help. I don't want my granddaughters remembering me this way.

When he finishes his housing project in Mexico they plan on moving to Austin, Texas. They're my only family and I thought about trying to move there but I don't think the heat would do well with my chronic urticaria and other skin problems. Just call me Debbi-Downer...sorry. :)

Saysusie
01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
I, too, am glad that we do not have the explanation. I enjoy the mysticism of the whole numbers thing. I was actually thrilled when I got to write 1/1/11 and 1/11/11!! I will, most likely, get a thrill when I have the opportunity to write the others. I am just kinda freaky that way LOL

Pewace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie