PDA

View Full Version : Any Lupie gals ever taken Clomid? Or done fertility treatments?

Islablue
01-22-2011, 10:41 AM
I was wondering if any of the ladies here have ever taken Clomid or gone through infertility treatments. I just got done with my first round of Clomid and am trying to have a baby. It's been ok so far, a little tired, but still can't tell if it's Lupus and Clomid or just Lupus.

tgal
01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
I did but it was before I knew I was sick (I had 4 miscarriages before this). It made me a bit tired and put some weight on be but I felt ok. Took 4 months for it to work. The doctor only wanted to do 3 months but I begged for the 4th. Wasn't he surprised when I called to say I was preggers!

Islablue
01-22-2011, 03:44 PM
haha I bet he was surprised! I love to hear stories like that. I've had 3 miscarriages (conceived naturally.. once Lupus started rearing its ugly head I stopped ovulating) and I'm hoping this will be the time I get pregnant! I am taking Clomid, then doing a shot of Ovidrel on Wednesday or Thursday to trigger ovulation. I'm hopeful for once in a LONG time.

magistramarla
01-22-2011, 05:45 PM
My daughter is taking Clomid. She had a baby when she was 20, but hasn't been able to have another one - she's 31 now. She hasn't been dx'd with an AI disease, but she has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Glucose Intolerance and Lactose Intolerance, so I think that it is a matter of time before she's dx'd with some of the stuff that I have.

Lucky for me, I had my babies before I had any idea that I had AI issues - all he had to do was get that gleam in his eyes and BAM, I was preggers. I did miscarry my twins, though - and now I wonder if that was an early indication of something starting to happen in my body?

Good luck - I'm hoping that the Clomid works for both you and my Hillary!
Hugs,
Marla

red246
01-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Blue - Haven't taken it, but just wanted to say best of luck! (((HUGS)))

serand4
01-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Does Lupus make you stop ovulating? This is probably a stupid question in this particular thread, but it would explain why I went into menapause at 42.

magistramarla
01-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Not in my case.
At this point, I wish it would. I'm 53, and still going fairly regularly.
I nursed a lot of babies, which suppressed ovulation. Now, I swear its going to keep going 'til I'm 60!
Hugs,
Marla
(who currently is dealing with menstrual cramps and just had a MTX injection - GRRR)

camillelj
01-31-2011, 11:27 PM
I took it twice. It took me almost two years to get pregnant with my daughter and was on clomid for only a month, but with my son I was on clomid for 6 month with one injection a month to induce ovulation. I had "unexplained infertility" at the time I didn't know I had lupus at that time, but looking back I had a lot of the symptoms