PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, forum is a new thing

BarbaraB
01-20-2011, 07:50 AM
I've had Lupus for about 10 years; I have some kidney, liver, lung and heart damage, but life is pretty good. I got laid off a little over 2 years ago and couldn't find another job...so I consider myself to be (gleefully) retired. Flares aren't usually too bad and I can usually get around them; my husband is a wonderful cook and we have a large freezer. I can't take Plaquenil so my doc has me on low dose Prednisone. But, I got complacent and skipped a few doses here and there when my morning routine changed. Yesterday I couldn't take it anymore and saw my family doctor. As a result today I started 60 mg. of Prednisone for the worst flare I've had in a long long time. Dumb, dumb, dumb! I have a Rheumy appointment in early February (he's over 2 hours away) so I'm hoping this clears it up. I hate that drive in the winter. For now, I'm washed and dressed and that's all I'm going to do today! I have a stack of books waiting, a coffee pot and (later) a sunbeam on the bed. I hope you all have a great day!

tgal
01-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi Barbara! Welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us and decided to join. It is wonderful to have people with a long history of dealing with this disease here. there are quite a few of you and the advice ya'll give here is wonderful. Please make yourself at home. Feel free to look through the old posts or start new ones if you wish. I look forward to getting to know you and, once again, welcome to the WHL family!

Peridot_Gem
01-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Hello Barbara,
Welcome to our love large family of the WHL.
You seem like your able to cope with it well, even though it's done some damage to your organs and sorry to hear it. I was born with it and over the years diagnosed with loads of stuff but it was'nt till 2yrs back now i was diagnosed with Raynauds and since then all the lot below but i admire people such as yourself getting your head around it, i find it it a struggle and the pain but like yourself your appointments in Feb and i hope that goes well and mines next Tuesday and am hoping the Rheumo will give me plaquenil, as i can't have the presidone as it would counter react with my epilepsey drugs.

Well we have so many threads for you to venture through and if you feel down any time there's always someone here for you and it will be nice getting to know you.

Terri xxx