PDA

View Full Version : Scared To Death

kf4tew
01-20-2011, 12:55 AM
I have recently as a week ago been diagnosed with SLE, I have some liver and kidney involvement.. Also, the derma has been affected with the intermittent malar rash.

I currently am on Tramadal for pain. Ambien Cr for inability sleep. Propanol for high bloodpressure. (To treat migraine). Also for migraine, I take Sumatriptan and Maxalt.

I have not started the Plaqunil as I am awaiting the status of the Lupus Dr DX:

My hands and feet hurt all the time. Doing anything seems to require that I spend at least a 1/2 day in the bed. Then the heat flashes do not help (41 year old male),

Nonna
01-20-2011, 03:50 AM
Hi,
welcome to WHL; yes it is pretty scarey to find out you have Lupus. Here at WHL you have found a lot of people who understand. Feel free to read the thread and stickies. They help you understand what's going on with your body. Feel free to vent-I do. You can also ask questions, I just posted a thread with one.

But most important of all, we are here for each other. Oh and you are not alone as a male with Lupus there are several others guys here including one of our moderators-Rob. He's a great guy.

Cyber Hugs to you,
Nonna

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
01-20-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi kf4tew,
And welcome to WHL!! You will find lot's of wonderful careing and helpfull people here
that are going through some of same thing's as you are. As for myself i also experence
the severe pain & killer fatigue, along with lot's of other symptoms included the red buttertfly face rash! Im dx'ed with fibromyligia, lupus,ryanuad's, and sjogren's syndrome, with new mri and new reumatologist he is saying the sjorgrens has gone to my brain causeing
cns vasculitis. he just started me on new med's to try and slow the brain dammage of
40mg predisone and 50mg imuran hopeing it works!

Wishing you the best of luck!!! And hope the plaquinel helps you to feel better!!!
hopeing you have a better day! and Gentle Hug's to you!!!!!! Diane,

Angel Oliver
01-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Welcome and so glad you found us.Just know you are not alone.Catch up with you soon.
Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

tgal
01-20-2011, 09:50 AM
HI KF. We are so glad that you found us. I know this is a very scary time but it really does help to have a place to come where people understand. the plaquinil is a good thing to start. It usually takes up to 5 or 6 months to really start working but it does help.

We have several men in our group as Nonna mentioned so you are not the sole male here either. Please make yourself at home. Look through the old threads or start new ones whenever you wish. We will be here as you go through the process because you are now a part of our WHL family. Welcome aboard

Peridot_Gem
01-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Kf4tew,
Welcome to our lovely large family of the WHL and all member's are caring going through the same trouble as yourself with the SLE but all different ways and i hope you find threads which can help you understand in alot more many ways.

We all understand your slow process of motivation as that's the worst symptom with it, it takes me all morning to shift myself and it's so annoying.

Like nonna said your not the only male on here and if your ever down just come on and vent away.

Hugs to you Terri xx