PDA

View Full Version : Another 4 days in the Hospital!

GoodDog
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Last month I was in the hospital for 4 days and last Thursday while at my doctor's office she made me go to emergency and they admitted me for another 4 days. I have internal bleeding and they can't find the source. During an endoscopy they found a couple of blood vessels that they cauterized but they think there may be more.

I have the camera in me waiting for it to come out in my stool. LOL But if they don't find anything significant they want me to go to Stanford or UCSF for further studies. Has anyone had a similar problem and could this be caused by Lupus? My hemoglobin drops again within days of being transfused.

tgal
01-18-2011, 08:10 PM
First let me say how sorry I am that you are going through this. Now I must say that I laughed about the camera! I have never heard about such a thing! Please keep us posted as to what they find out. I will keep you in my thoughts. Good luck to you

GoodDog
01-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Thanks tgal!! My doctor has quite the sense of humor and I thought he was joking, but nope. LOL It was a nano computer/camera in a capsule that I swallowed. It sends pictures and I think data to their computer. I felt like I was in a sci-fi movie or time-warp. LOL

During the endoscopy my doctor said he saw scaring that looked like I had been cut from the inside. He said it was like a surgical scar running across my abdomen. I've never had surgery on my stomach and even if I had it wouldn't explain how the scaring was only inside. He didn't know if it could be related to Lupus but said it's possible.

Han
01-19-2011, 02:41 AM
Good luck! (thanks for the giggles about the camera (: nearly snorted milk out my nose.) It's amazing that you're keeping your sense of humour, great job. I can't really comment on what you're going through, but I'll keep you in my thoughts and look forward to updates.

Hugs,
Han xx

Nonna
01-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Hugs to you, I can believe you thought you were in a SciFi movie. Now I'm trying for an LOL or at least a smile......... "Have you been visited by aliens?"

All kidding aside, I'm just going to send you good thoughts, prayers and plenty of hugs
nonna