PDA

View Full Version : I've left Work!

lupusgirl
11-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Well everyone this week that passed was my last week of work!

I hated leaving and everyone there were so sad to see me go, I got a whole bunch of stuff from people which made leaving all the worse. I wanted to cry so much but I didn't!!!

I finally found a job that I liked and I had to leave, I was so upset , but I just couldn't do it anymore, it was getting harder and harder and I would have to sleep for the whole weekend to even be able to atempt to get up monday morning. I know I'll really enjoy the rest but I still will miss working,

My doc suggested applying for disability and I filed last week so we'll see. Anyway I just had to vent a little I hate knowing this desiase had taken things I like away from me. Anyway thanks for letting me vent!!!

take care All!!!

Saysusie
11-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Stephanie;
I was sorry to hear that you had to leave a job that you loved and where you were, apparently, well liked. Was your job unwilling to accommodate you? I mean, allow you to work less hours, a less strenuous position, work form home?
I hope that you are able to be successful with disability, especially since you have a doctor on your side (my former doctor would not help me at all with my disability and I lost my claim)
I wish you the very best
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

hatlady
11-08-2005, 04:42 PM
Many many hugs, Stephanie!

You're now entering the world of new possibilities - at the pace you want to take. Try to think of it as an opportunity. I know right now it only feels like loss, and I can only offer a shoulder and a chance to vent.

May your attempt at disability go through on the first try --

Many hugs!

lexis214
11-08-2005, 09:34 PM
I wish you the best of luck on this endeavor. The hard part is over. Saying goodbye is always the worst part of any new beginning. I am thinking of applying next year. Do you know how long the decision usually takes and how do they determine the amount you draw. I am sure it isn't the same as what yiou may be used to having but maybe close. Jus tcurious if anyone knows the answers. I am thinking of applying next year but the decision to say goodby then again gets in the way.. I guess you know first hand what I mean.
I wish you the best of luck and may you find many more relaxing and enjoyable hobbies. Spend at least aweek eating bon bons from bed just so you can say " Ive done that before"!!!!

Hugs,
Angie

polly pop
11-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I know its hard to leave a job you love, but when your health is involved its probably for the best.

I resigned from my position at the beginning of October and filed for disability myself so I know how it feels.

If I were you I would sign up for an art class or something to help keep you active and to keep you from going stir crazy. :lol:

lexis214:

As far as a decision on disability, I was told it could take anywhere from 4-6 months for a decision. You can find all the information about claims and estimated amounts at www.socialsecurity.gov. You can also file online there. That's what I did and they work with you over the phone. Its nice to have when you're really not fit to go out... as I often am.