PDA

View Full Version : left shoulder pain and left abdimon pain

predcheeks
01-16-2011, 11:13 PM
i've had sharp left shoulder pain and left abdimon pain for about 5 days now. they both hurt worse when i eat pretty much anything. i called the oncall dr over the weekend and i'm pretty much stuck waiting for my dr to be back in the office on tuesday unless i want to take a trip to the ER to be checked out. the only thing that i've noticed has helped is heat and not eating much. has anyone else had pain like this? was it lupus related? does anything help? last night i kept waking up from the pain and i'm not looking forward to turning off the heating pad tonight. :/

Nonna
01-17-2011, 04:44 AM
I for one would head for the ER. But i panic easily. The 2 pains may or may not be inter-related. I'm not a medical person. But as it is sharp pain, I'd go. Why suffer until tomorrow?

Others will be along soon with their thoughts,
hugs
nonna

tgal
01-17-2011, 05:34 AM
I have to agree with Nonna. When you start talking about pain in your Left Shoulder that is nothing to mess around with. Heart Attacks can appear as shoulder/neck/arm pain so I wouldn't mess with that one. It could be something very small but that is something I wouldn't mess with. Keep us posted!

predcheeks
01-17-2011, 12:10 PM
I called the oncall dr again and my doctor is on..so I'm just waiting for a call back--hopefully he'll have some good advice.Thanks for your help!

tgal
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Please keep us posted!

Nonna
01-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Please keep us posted.

SandyR
01-18-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm just reading this but I'm glad you called the doc. what did he say?

SandyR
01-18-2011, 09:04 AM
I have to agree with Nonna. When you start talking about pain in your Left Shoulder that is nothing to mess around with. Heart Attacks can appear as shoulder/neck/arm pain so I wouldn't mess with that one. It could be something very small but that is something I wouldn't mess with. Keep us posted!

Signs of a heart attack can often appear much different from woman than as described above and can seem as though they are "flu-like" symptoms. This information is important for all of us to know so here is a good link with a description of Heart Attack Symptoms for Women.
http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/heartdisease/a/sympofheartatta.htm

predcheeks
01-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Turns out it's gastroperesis. I have to 'drink' my food for a while..i've been feeling a lot better since changing to liquids. I had it before but i had no idea it could cause pain like that! thank you all for making sure i called my doc. i will be getting botox in my stomach next tues..it relaxes the muscles so i can eat normal food again! i've had it done before but it just feels like one more thing when i feel like i've had enough lately.

Nonna
01-25-2011, 01:31 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted; I actually had something like that ba k in the 70's. Had to take a med and have nothing but liquids for 3 months.

Glad you'll be ok

Nonna

chikititalinda
01-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Sorry your in pain, but look at the bright side, its not heart related! How did they determin you have gastropareces, they think I have the same thing, I have to go get a stomach emptying study thursday and I'm scared, I have to drink some radioactive liquid, the last time I had radioactive material injected for a bone scan I ended up in the hospital for days, not sure if that was related or not but none the less I'm still scared.
Hope you feel better real soon

predcheeks
01-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Thank you! I am very thankful it's just gastro. I had to get a stomach emptying test also..I had to eat eggs with radioactive dye in them then they watched to see how fast my stomach was emptying(they didn't taste like anything but made me feel nauseous because my stomach is emptying so slow). You should mention to your doctor that you got sick from the dye before and see if they can give you benadryl or something before the test to counteract it. Hope the test goes well and they can figure out what's going on to get you feeling better soon!