PDA

View Full Version : Oluwa;

Saysusie
01-13-2011, 12:20 PM
I am making this a new thread so that it does not get overlooked.

Oluwa will be burying the love of her life, her husband Bola, tomorrow (1/14/2011). He was tragically killed in a automobile accident on Jan 6, 2011.
I would like to order flowers and send them to her and would like to say that they are from her WHL family. Please let me know if this is OK with all of you?

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
I am so saddened to read about Bola.This is so nice of you Carlotta thank you.My thoughts are with Oluwa,my friend and all her family at this very sad time.Lots of love Amanda.xxxxx

debbie-b
01-13-2011, 02:14 PM
This is very shocking to hear. I am so sorry Oluwa. Please accept my sincere condolences.

Carlotta you are such a lovely person, thank you for doing this.

Love Debbie

tgal
01-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Oh I am so sorry. My thoughts are with her and her family.

SandyR
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Oluwa. Your love for your husband has always been so evident in all you have said about him and all the pics of the two of you. I've lost many family to car accidents and my heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Nonna
01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with Oluwa and her family.

Carlotta you are the best to think of the flowers. Thanks for being there for Oluwa.

Nonna

rob
01-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Carlotta,

Flowers would be perfect. I am shocked, at this news. I know Marijo well enough to feel like I knew Bola too, as we had some similar hobbies and interests. I cannot imagine the grief Marijo and her family must be going through right now. I will be sending her an E-mail, but please be sure to tell her we are all thinking of her in this time of need, and tragedy.

Rob

magistramarla
01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
My thoughts are with our dear Oluwa.

Thank you for ordering the flowers, SaySusie.
Is there any way that we can contribute for them?

Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
I must have Oluwa's phone number in order to send the bouquet. If anyone has her Ph#, please send it to me as a PM. I would like to get these flowers to her ASAP.

Thank you all for your thoughts, your prayers and your offers

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

kim,l
01-13-2011, 06:13 PM
i am so sorry to hear this news please give oluwa my sincer condolences and best wishes this is saddening news many hugs and kisses kim l

Samo
01-13-2011, 07:19 PM
I have not been on the board for a bit. I thought I would sign up and catch up on the threads...this was the first thread I read.

I am so sorry Oluwa, my thoughts are with you, even if from afar.

I think flowers would be wonderful Saysusie.

Samo

Saysusie
01-13-2011, 08:22 PM
3051 This is the bouquet that was sent to Oluwa today. I also included a card sending her love from her WHL family.
Thank each of you, again, for your thoughts and your kind words.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
01-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh they are beautiful Carlotta.Tmrw we will all be thinking of Marijo and Bola....im sure she'll feel us there with her supporting her. Once again Carlotta thank you.Lots of love.xxxxx

mountaindreamer
01-13-2011, 08:55 PM
thank you so much saysusie. I have her phone number if you still need it. the flowers are beautiful. I would love to contribute to them if possible.

A note about Oluwa:

when i first joined whl, oluwa was so incredibly compassionate and informative. She helped me accept my diagnosis, and she helped me learn how to live with lupus.....she does not allow a person to give up. I can not tell you all how much she helped me. She would stay here all night if anyone needed her. She was always one of the first to greet new members, and to try to help those of us in need or distress. if she did not have the answers to our questions, she used her computer magic, and researched all of the information that she could. There are some stickies that she posted, and we still use them as a guide. She is such a wise lady, and has an incredibly insightful perspective of things. She is magical, and she is always true to her family here at whl. Whenever i saw that she had responded to any thread, i immediately went to her post and savored each word. she is a true friend of whl, and she is loved by so many of us.

Oluwa, my friend, please know that i am here if you need a shoulder....many hugs are being sent your way, surely you can feel them around your shoulders.

BonusMom
01-13-2011, 10:53 PM
I am so deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Oluwa's beloved husband. What a tragic loss for her.

I know this past year had been difficult for Oluwa and she had been taking a break from WHL. And now, to have suffered a loss of this magnitude. Oh, my heart is just aching for her.

Thank you, dear Saysusie, for sending the lovely floral arrangement on behalf of the WHL family. If you would PM me an address, I would like to mail you a contribution.

Oluwa, please know how much your WHL family loves you and holds you close as you grieve the loss of your husband, Bola. Know that we are here for you whenever you need a shoulder to cry on or a virtual hug. Please take care of yourself in the challenging times ahead.

Lana

red246
01-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Saysusie - Thank you so much for doing this! My heart goes out to Oluwa. Please let her know our hearts and prayers go out to her & her family.

rob
01-14-2011, 03:08 AM
thank you so much saysusie. I have her phone number if you still need it. the flowers are beautiful. I would love to contribute to them if possible.

A note about Oluwa:

when i first joined whl, oluwa was so incredibly compassionate and informative. She helped me accept my diagnosis, and she helped me learn how to live with lupus.....she does not allow a person to give up. I can not tell you all how much she helped me. She would stay here all night if anyone needed her. She was always one of the first to greet new members, and to try to help those of us in need or distress. if she did not have the answers to our questions, she used her computer magic, and researched all of the information that she could. There are some stickies that she posted, and we still use them as a guide. She is such a wise lady, and has an incredibly insightful perspective of things. She is magical, and she is always true to her family here at whl. Whenever i saw that she had responded to any thread, i immediately went to her post and savored each word. she is a true friend of whl, and she is loved by so many of us.

Oluwa, my friend, please know that i am here if you need a shoulder....many hugs are being sent your way, surely you can feel them around your shoulders.

She is one of the first people I ever met here. Her wisdom and pep talks got me to come out of the shell of isolation I had been living in for so many years. Her sharp wit, and humor have made me laugh when I had nothing to laugh, or smile about. She is truly a kind, loving, and caring soul.

We are all thinking of you Oluwa.

Rob

tiggerlishus - Heidi
01-14-2011, 04:59 AM
owww it brings a tear to my eye what sad news another one lost in a car accident!!

my heart goes to you oluwa huge massive gentle cyber hugs and thank you saysusie for doing that on half behalfs xxxx

wolfwhisper
01-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Susie, Thank you for sending her flowers. I'm sure she will find comfort in something that she can see and touch.
Oluwa is a wonderful person, and I'm sorry to hear of her loss. Many special prayers will be sent up tonight, and I hope she finds some comfort from the whl family.

Oluwa, I am a fan of poetry and asked around if I should use this. I know it's sad, but I hope that it will help even in the slightest. Unfortunatly, this is all I can offer you when you need it most, and I'm sorry. Just please remember that we are always here for you.

laugh for me
I am sorry I had to leave
but for me, please do not grieve
I am in a better place
where I can always see your face
I await the time, we'll meet again
I love you, my special friend
before we meet, there is one thing
I'd like to here before your angels sing
I want to hear you laugh once more

before you join me, please know this
with each sunray, the suns every kiss
I will wait forever if I must
In you and god I always trust
I want you to be happy again
I know you have many friends
I want to here you laugh once more

It will be hard, I will not lie
but I don't wish to see you cry
I will be your angel bold
to guide you, and forever hold
you my dearest loving one
until the fates are finally done
Please laugh for me
~Nicole Belliveau

This poem is specially written for a friend during a trying time. I hope she finds a little peace, and comfort in her family. Those she can physically touch, and the cyber family she found which I am proud to be a part of.

magistramarla
01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
SaySusie,
Thank you for sending the flowers in the name of WHL. It gives her something tangible to help her realize that she is in the hearts and minds of a lot of people who care for her, all over the world.
I also remember meeting Oluwa a long time ago, when I first came here seeking information about my brand-new tentative diagnosis. She was so helpful to me, and to so many others here. I hope that in some small way we can repay her with our love and support.
Hugs,
Marla

Bonita
01-14-2011, 10:38 AM
I am to so sorry to hear of this tragic news. Thank you Say Susuie for sending her those beautifull flowers she will be in our prayers. Bonita

Saysusie
01-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Dear WHL Family;
As so many of you have asked to help contribute to the bouquet sent to Oluwa, I am providing the following information. However, please, please do not feel that you are, in any way, obligated to submit funds...please! Should you still choose to do so, Please do not send any more than $10.00.

Billing Information:

CARLOTTA DIGGS

8759 SVL BOX - Victorville, Calif 92395

Payment Method:

VISA

Order Details:
VASE ARRANGEMENT FOR SYMPATHY(#17820M)

$49.99

Subtotal:

$ 49.99

Service Charge:

$ 14.99

Tax:

$ .00

Order Total:

$ 64.98

Here is the web site for the funeral home if any of you would like to sign the online guest book:
http://obit.marlattfuneralhome.com

This is her husband's name:
Abolaji Oluwafemi Shonubi

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
01-14-2011, 05:49 PM
That was so hard to write.But so many lovely words written about Bola.Lots of love Marijo.Thank you Carlotta.xxxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
01-15-2011, 09:18 AM
i agree angel, the online guest registry was difficult, but it was so nice to read all of the wonderful things said about Bola. I hope Marijo gets comfort from so much love being sent her way.

Islablue
01-15-2011, 11:10 AM
This absolutely breaks my heart for you, Oluwa. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so so very sorry. (((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Hunniebun
01-15-2011, 11:58 PM
I am very sorry for your loss *HUG*

gina
01-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Oluwa was my first friend here. My heart goes out too you and your family. You know how to contact me if you need me. i love you. xoxo

wrightrs
01-17-2011, 05:23 PM
I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you Oluwa.

Angel Oliver
01-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Still here for you and thinking of you.Many gentle hugs>>>>>>>sent.xxxxx

lupiegirl
01-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Saysusie,

If you cannot get Oluwa's phone number, perhaps you can send the flowers to the Funeral Home or where the Service (if any) will eb held.

Oluwa
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Thank you ever so much for the flowers, the love…thinking of me and my life without Bola. It was a beautiful bouquet and so fragrant… lilies, heather, roses and more.

Now I literally know what it is like to live in the moment.

With love,
Marijo Oluwa..Bola’s girl.

magistramarla
01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
Oluwa sweetie,
It is so good to see you here! I've been thinking about you so much, hon.
Please know that we are here for you anytime that you need a shoulder to cry on.
I live in the same time zone, so pm me if you want to talk.
Lots of love and hugs,
Marla

rob
01-21-2011, 05:05 AM
Marijo,

Marla pretty much said it all. It really is good to see you here!

Rob

mountaindreamer
01-21-2011, 05:28 AM
hi marijo,

it was just wonderful to see your post here. I think of you every day, and i am so sorry about your love Bola. Life throws us some serious curve balls, and our resilience is tested to the max. I hope you are doing ok, and please know that i am here if you ever need to talk.

love to you, my friend.

Angel Oliver
01-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Always in my thoughts.

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

SandyR
01-21-2011, 08:01 AM
still thinking of and praying for you. (((gentle hugs)))

debbie-b
01-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Marijo,

We are all here for you, whenever you need us, anyone of us.

Debbie

Angel Oliver
02-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Thinking of my friend.We miss you and send you lots of love n gentle hugs.

love
Amanda.xxxx

kim,l
02-02-2011, 11:17 PM
dear marijo my thoughts and prayers are with my friend and i am here anytime you need to talk hugs kim l

Angel Oliver
02-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Missing my friend.Thinking of you .

lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

Nonna
02-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Oluwa, hugs for you, love and good thoughts and prayers
Nonna

sick n tired
02-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Oh my Goodness!!!! Oluwa, I am crying for you...I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

mountaindreamer
02-06-2011, 03:36 PM
hi marijo

just stopped by to say hello again. as you can tell, you continue to be in our thoughts here at whl.

sending you tons of gentle hugs. (you were the first one to send them to me.)

SandyR
02-07-2011, 07:23 AM
just stopping in to tell you that I am thinking of and praying for you Oluwa. I know you are having a hard time now and I wish there was more that can be done to help you mend your heart and soul. (((prayers & hugs)))

iseedeadmonkeys
02-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Ow Oluwa,

We are soo sorry to hear about this sad news, all our thoughts and love are with you
Love and hugs
Jane, Norma, MJ, Joe and Shane
xxxx

Oluwa
04-10-2011, 06:38 PM
They say grieving is like a roller coaster. My emotions are not like a roller coaster, more like a merry-go-round...round and round, over, over....they recycle and regurgitate. Random emotions, no pattern, except the pattern is there is no pattern. So, unorganized in my spirit that I often wonder who am I. Who am I becoming.

I wish I could stop this merry-go-round and get off...and walk into my Bola's arms.

Thank you everyone for thinking of me...

Love and hugs....

steve.b
04-10-2011, 07:52 PM
it is not easy.

i found peace out of remembering the good times.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
04-11-2011, 03:32 AM
oluwa i just wish i could but the break on the merry go round for you just remember were all here on it with you to help you any way we can loads of cyber hugs from over the pond xxxx

SandyR
04-11-2011, 07:33 AM
if I knew how to press stop and rewind for you I would. But since only HE knows such things I will pray to HIM that you get a little break from all these amusement park rides every now and again. It's so overwhelming to process it all. I really do hope you are getting out and doing some "you" things once in a while, as hard as they might be. I hope you are giving your heart and brain moments to just be without the hurt and constant thinking thinking thinking of the if onlys and what ifs of grief. I hope you are feeling the love and support around you and that this pain becomes something you can hold and not something that holds you. I know that's a hard long process to get to that point and it's only something you can do alone, even with all of us here for you, and so I mostly just pray that you are doing well. (((HUGS))) I sometimes, at moments like these, wish life was a chose your own adventure book where you can just go back to the chapter where the path divides and chose the other route when the one you were on didn't end up happily ever after bur I know that isn't really pragmatic to the lessons of the journey that we are on in this life and so I am (((PRAYING))) that this new journey leads to something beyond your greatest hopes and dreams at the end.

Oluwa
06-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I reread all of your words to me. Thank you all so ever much for loving me, thinking of me, your kindness makes my eyes rim up. It really means alot to me. Still.

I miss my Bola. I would give anything to see him one more time..even if it was just for a minute.

panda_lupo
06-14-2012, 09:54 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!!!!

Stay strong and know we are here for you whenever you need love!!!

magistramarla
06-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Oluwa,
Sweetie, I hurt for you so much. I wish that we lived nearby so that I could give you real hugs.
However, our cyber hugs will have to suffice. You know that we are always here for you.
Love & LOTS of Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
06-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Missing our loved ones is something that never goes away. Nor will the moments, when we miss them, become easier.
Please know that you remain always in our hearts and in our prayers and that you are never alone.
Sending you warm hugs filled with understanding and compassion

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
06-17-2012, 07:23 PM
hugs of the sky from accross the country are being sent to you, my friend.

Oluwa
06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Thank you for the love and hugs..hugging each and everyone of you too.