PDA

View Full Version : newbie from SC

jothebrit
11-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Just wanted to say hello, I got diagnosed with lupus after a skin biopsy about 2 months ago, still trying to figure out what kind of doctor to see. The dermatologist has moved to another city. One doc suggested prednisone, I'm not sure about trying it or not. Still waiting for some blood results. Just kind of in shock right now and trying to figure everything out. Am originally from Manchester England, but lived in Germany for 16 years, now in sunny SC. Have 3 boys ages (14,12,9) and work as a teacher.
I had no idea so many people had this disease, only ever heard of it once before, this board sounds great.
Also wondering if anyone knows how to find a support group in our area.

Thanks Jo

Saysusie
11-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi Jo :lol:
Welcome to our forum and to our family. The best way to find a support group in your area is to go to the Lupus Foundation of America's web site. That site has a link for local foundations which can give you information about support groups. Or, you can contact your local hospital or HMO, they also will have information about local support groups.
Yes, there are, unfortunately, thousands and thousands of us who have Lupus, along with other connective tissue and auto-immune diseases. We completely understand what you are feeling right now, with reference to being in shock over the diagnosis. We are here to offer you information, support, comfort and encouragement. You will find everyone here to be kind, understanding and informative. We are glad that you are here!!

Once Again...Welcome
Saysusie