PDA

View Full Version : question

amychen
11-02-2005, 08:39 AM
hi everyone,
i was wondering if anyone had experience a sudden headache, rapid heartbeat along with a need to throw up...i was watching tv last night and all of a sudden, i had this headache and my heart started racing and i felt like throwing up...i never did throw up but it was just a weird 'attack'...i was wondering if it is lupus related or something else!!! i'm feeling better this morning...it was just for a half an hour or so!! anyway, would love some input on this...thanks a bunch!! have a great day!

TracyDawn
11-02-2005, 09:37 AM
I get the headache and extreme nausea to the point of throwing up a lot lately, haven't noticed the heart rate thing. What I have noticed is the higher my pain level the more this occurs. It's one thing on a list of many I have to call my dr about, especially with it becoming more frequent. I'm waiting til after tomorrow tho because I am having an endoscopy (upper) done then will talk to her about everything. So no answers for you but i hope it passes soon. I have a prescription for phenergan for the nausea. Some people drink tea (ginger I think??). Hopefully some of the others will have some answers for you. {{HUG}}

amychen
11-02-2005, 01:02 PM
thank you so much tracy...yeah, i'm not sure what that was all about...i hope it's just a one time only thing...thanks for your support and concern! i hope you will feel better too...headache and nausea are not fun!! good luck on the endoscopy!! take care!

Saysusie
11-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Hi amychen;
I get lupus migraines very often, many time to the point of nausea. Your increased heart rate may be due to the pain which causes stress which increases your heart rate and your blood pressure. The issue of your increased heart rate should be discussed with your doctor as it may also be the sign of something serious.
Please do not hesitate to discuss this with your doctor and let us know what you find out.

Best of Luck
Saysusie

amychen
11-06-2005, 11:21 AM
hi saysusie,
thanks for your input!! i will bring it up to my rheumy next time!! the thing is, i've had irregular heartbeart/heart murmur for a long time now...at least 10 years or so...i had it checked out a couple times but the doctors couldn't find anything wrong...they thought it might just be something that is there but will not do any harm!! so every now and then, my heart will go crazy like that...maybe it's not lupus related...i don't know...but i haven't had any of that happen again!! sorry to hear about your migraine, i bet that is frustrating...my headaches aren't bad...nothing close to a migraine...thanks for responding though...i will talk to my rheumy and see what he has to say!! you take care and God bless!