PDA

View Full Version : It's the little things

tgal
01-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I know this may sound silly but ya'll are the only ones that may possibly understand. I take 12 meds now. 1 of them is Tegretol for the TN pain. I DREADED taking this medication because I had to chew the tablets. I know, I know. Chewing tablets should be the least of my worries and, to be honest, they were not all that bad but every morning and every night I just dreaded it. The IDEA of chewing them up was actually worse then doing it but I still hated it.

Today I went to get my new script filled and they filled it with a generic that I get to swallow whole! Yay! No more dreading a med. I get to swallow it (along with the other 11) and get on with my day (or night). It is such a relief!

Isn't it funny how little things come to mean so much?

magistramarla
01-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Good for you. I know just what you mean. I like the pills that I can swallow mindlessly with my breakfast and coffee. I'm always forgetting the two liquids that require getting out a spoon and measuring. I find pills so much simpler.

BonusMom
01-07-2011, 08:55 PM
I agree that it's easier to throw the entire handful in your mouth and washing it down with one big gulp of water vs making sure to keep that one bad boy out and swallow the rest.

Yes tgal, it's the little things in life that put a spring in our step and a bit of warmth in our hearts.

Saysusie
01-08-2011, 10:51 AM
It is far from silly. We are faced with the prospect of taking so many medications on a daily basis and anything that makes this task more dreadful is a serious matter for us!!
I am so happy that you now get to swallow the medication whole. I know how it feels to absolutely dread having to take a medication..so hooray for you!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Nonna
01-08-2011, 11:50 AM
It's not silly is right. I just wish all of my meds were tiny or chewable. I have trouble swallowing. Well each to their own I say.

debbie-b
01-08-2011, 05:06 PM
I am with you on that one, I would hate to have to chew this yucky stuff.
So glad for you, that you can just swallow it down in one gulp.
I drink to that.

Debbie