PDA

View Full Version : Been MIA, how's everyone been?

Serenity81
01-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Hey everyone!! So, I sort of took a hiatus from the boards during the Fall semester, it was pretty hectic. But, I passed my first semester of nursing school with all A's!! Woot!!!!

Thank god for the meds we started in August or I truly don't think I could've done it. Just had winter break and took a week vaca from work and of course the first day of work vaca, I came down with a cold. I was a smart lupie and got my butt to the doc right away and nipped it in the bud. Only out of commission for about 3 and a half days. Still feeling pretty fatigued but I think I managed to stave off a full-blown flare, pretty proud of myself for actually listening to my body for once!

Christmas was crazy hectic, running around between all the family functions, but we stayed in on New Year's with a couple of friends, made some yummy pasta for dinner and just chilled.

My current project is cleaning out the back bedroom to make it a workable office space for me to study in!! LOL. Studying on the couch can get kind of distracting with a cuddly puppy nosing around for attention.

I hope everyone else is well, I'd love to hear from all of you that I don't see regularly on Facebook (and even those I do) ; )

tgal
01-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Wb! Glad everything is going well for you and that you finished the first semester. Glad the meds are doing their job and that you are feeling better!

SandyR
01-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi Shannon!

Happy New Year! That is such great news on the A's! Way to go! I know you worked really hard for that and your efforts paid off. Glad to hear you also stayed vigilent with that cold and didn't get too badly sick. Amazing how quickly a cold can become an emergency situation if we aren't careful.
So glad to hear you got a new fur baby too. What did you get? and when? and name? and how is it going with the new pup?

Sandy

mountaindreamer
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
hi shannon,

welcome back....i also took some time off, but am so glad that i came back to my family at whl. smart girl to nip the cold "in the bud", and congrats on your outstanding accomplishments during your first semester in nursing school....you will be an awesome nurse, and i am sure that all of us will wish that you would be taking care of us.

stay in touch, i now remember why this group of people was so special.

wrightrs
01-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I've been MIA too. Lots to deal with now. But I'm never far away.

Nonna
01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi Shannon
welcome back, so glad you're doing well. Keep it up

hugs
nonna

magistramarla
01-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi Shannon,
Welcome back - you were missed. Congrats on doing so well in nursing school. We need more nurses with empathy and the kind of perspective that you will bring to the profession.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
01-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Shannon!!
So good to see you back and congratulations on all of your "A"s in nursing school!!! I know that you will be an asset to the profession and, as Marla mentioned, an excellent advocate for us!!
Hope to see more of you and good luck in getting your office prepared. Don't work to exhaustion OK??

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie