PDA

View Full Version : Halloween is over NOW Christmas??????

lupusgirl
11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
Wow halloween wasn't even out the door and christmas stuff were already creeping out! I went to the store yesterday just before the trick or treaters arrived to get more candy since my mom thought the hundred pounds of candy that she had just might not be enough.

Anyway as I was buying the candy which were already 50% off there were people stocking up christmas decorations! Then on tv the Canadian Tire commercial was already christmasy!

For us here in Canada we have already had our thanksgiving at the beginning of October so now that Halloween is over Canadians just fly right into christmas it's to funny!

I thought WOW can't I get one moments rest! LOL

hatlady
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
:lol: Sure is crazy isn't it? I guess it helps us plan and spread out the insanity? :?

Naw, probably not! :wink:

Ariel
11-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Talk about spreading insanity!

I have a mixed family of Christian and Jew. Chanukah starts this year on CHRISTMAS NIGHT! So it ends the DAY AFTER NEW YEARS!

My house was known as THE one to go to for Halloween. (Which is also my wedding anniversary!) I have a whole Alfred Hitchock thing going plus a graveyard, fog machine, ghost projector making spirits appear in my windows, etc. Last year I had 7 or 8 carved pumpkins. Some of them were real fancy but one was simple and was a favorite - the symbol pi (as in, pumpkin pi!)

This year I just couldn't do it. It was too much and it made me feel sad. But I wanted to save what energy I had to celebrate with my husband. I tried to have a glass of wine but the Sjogren's has my mouth so dry it was hard to drink! We did manage to celebrate, though! :P

I can't WAIT for the plaquenil to start working!

Joeydee
11-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Ariel---I tell you Plaquenil has been a gift of the gods to me. I am moving along much better and the "connective tissue" pain is almost non-existant at times. Not only am I not so exhaused every day but some days I force myslef to just lie down and rest where as before "P" I would sleep 12 hrs and have two 2 hr naps daily and still be tired.

I understand that the time it takes for the medication to kick in is different for each of us. Be patient. I think you will be amazed at the difference it makes.

I would love hearing back from you when you just know it is working. It's almost like a light comes on and the world brightens.

Blessings to you~Jodie

Ariel
11-04-2005, 01:46 PM
It's almost like a light comes on and the world brightens.

Blessings to you~Jodie

Thanks SO much! I've heard similar sentiments from quite a few folks so am keeping very positive in that regard.

It's the "how long" thing that's getting to me. Some days I really don't know how much more I can do. I'm generally down for the count by 4 or 5 in the afternoon.

Things would be better if I could eat actual meals. <sigh> Nearly slept through a family dinner at an Italian place last night while I had a few spoonfuls of minestrone and then resorted to just the broth.

Does the plaq kick in gradually or do you wake up one morning and realize you can get out of bed without crying? I'm trying to figure out what to do about Thanksgiving dinner and am somewhat at a loss.

mommymc
11-04-2005, 07:41 PM
My 13 year old daughter was put on Plaquenil at the first day she was diagnosed with Lupus. She is still on 200mg/daily. After about 4 weeks or so, the pain was drastically reduced for her. I know a few women at the support group who are on 400mg/daily and they love it!
Hope it helps!