PDA

View Full Version : Skin Tags

tgal
01-01-2011, 01:29 PM
This may not have anything to do with anything but does anyone else have skin tags? You know those nasty looking thick pieces of skin that sit on top of the skin and look kind of like flat warts? I have fought them off and on for 15 years but mine are getting so much worse! They are all over my neck and look horrible! I had them when I was really thin and now that I have put on all this weight. I can't find any common factor so I thought I would just see if anyone here had them as well.

Linda From Australia
01-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Not really sure what you are on about. I know Terri is really good at inserting pictures in the posts, perhaps you can insert a photo so we can see what you mean.
By the way, how are your nails going, they were infected a week ago.

tgal
01-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Here is a picture. Mine are not as bad as this but this is an example. They can be much darker or lighter but a quick google search of "skin tag images" will bring up tons.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/picture-of-skin-tags

http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/articles/health_tools/adult_skin_problems_slideshow/dermnet-skin-tags-neck.jpg

Nonna
01-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Mari,
I have skin tags also. They became more plentiful as I got older. I get the irrating ones removed. They are of course tested. I never thought of them as lupus connected as my grandmother had them also. She did not have any lupus symptoms.

Toni

Linda From Australia
01-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Oh I see, I have some also. Interestingly I am getting more mole/freckles/skin tags around my midrift as I get older. I knew I had quite a few, but didn't realise how many more I had until I read about skin tags and had a close look myself. Just as well I don't wear bikinis anymore - urrggg GROSS

rob
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I've not had them to the extent that you have Mari, but I have noticed in the past couple of years, I do have a few, mostly on my chest. Don't know if they are autoimmune related or not. Rather unsightly little things. I should get to the dermo and have them looked at, but with white matter lesions and TGN ruling the days these past few months, they have been bumped down rather low on the list of priorities. This is a good reminder.

Rob

tgal
01-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Let''s be clear. That is just a picture I found on the net. Mine are not that bad and yes, they are way down on the list. I just happened to notice them today so I thought I would ask.

Saysusie
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Tgal;
I get them off and on. Spoke with my doctor about them who told me to simply cut them off!! So, that is exactly what I do. I sterilize the scissor, have my stip stik (anti-bacterial stick that guys use to stop bleeding from shaving nicks) and my iodine ready. I cut the tag, stop the bleeding with the "stip stick" and then apply the iodine. They never come back in the areas that I cut them. BTW..cutting them is really not painful at all!

Hope this helps
Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Saysusie
01-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I mis-spoke earlier..Actually, my doctor offered to cut them off for me and explained the procedure - in office with basically the same tools. I told myself "Shit..I can do that myself!" and so I did it!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
01-02-2011, 06:33 PM
LOL Wow. You are a brave woman! I use to freeze mine off (which is what my doctor did) however the last time I did I began a chain reaction of rashes that lasted for months. Hmm.. cutting them would most likely not do the damage that the freezing did so I might have to try that! Thanks Susie!

rob
01-02-2011, 10:28 PM
Let''s be clear. That is just a picture I found on the net. Mine are not that bad and yes, they are way down on the list. I just happened to notice them today so I thought I would ask.

Oops. I thought that picture was you.

rob
01-02-2011, 10:37 PM
I mis-spoke earlier..Actually, my doctor offered to cut them off for me and explained the procedure - in office with basically the same tools. I told myself "Shit..I can do that myself!" and so I did it!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

I had this thing on my thumb a few months back that was called a granuloma. It's like a big skin-tag full of blood vessels. It was about the size of a pencil eraser. There was no feeling in it, but where it came out through the skin was really painful, especially if you bumped the thing. And it would bleed like a water faucet if you just nicked it on something. My GP said he could give me a local and "scrape" the thing off. I cringed at the thought of that.So, I did what you did. I got out my old first aid kit and sterilized everything well and did it myself. It healed up nicely after a couple of weeks.

MorrisonGal
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
LOL Wow. You are a brave woman! I use to freeze mine off (which is what my doctor did) however the last time I did I began a chain reaction of rashes that lasted for months. Hmm.. cutting them would most likely not do the damage that the freezing did so I might have to try that! Thanks Susie!

Mari, did you freeze them off yourself or did your doctor do it? Was just wondering if there is a freezing product available in stores. I've always had skin tags since I was a teenager. I usually go to the doctor when they start to bother me to get them cut off. They start getting caught in necklace chains after a while. My doctor told me to just cut them off with little scissors, but I am too squeamish to do that to myself. I've heard that getting them burned/frozen off works better, because they don't grow back in the same place.

tgal
01-03-2011, 10:47 PM
You can buy it over the counter. It is a wart removal thing and it freezes them off and works really well. I can't use it anymore because now when I freeze it off it starts a chain reaction rash that takes months to heal. It worked good before. Just like they did it at the doctor

MorrisonGal
01-03-2011, 10:51 PM
You can buy it over the counter. It is a wart removal thing and it freezes them off and works really well. I can't use it anymore because now when I freeze it off it starts a chain reaction rash that takes months to heal. It worked good before. Just like they did it at the doctor

Thanks, I'll look for that at the store. Hopefully no rash ...maybe I'll just start with one tag then wait until it heals before I use it all over.