PDA

View Full Version : New here ... going for testing, miscarriage related

Leanne2004
11-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi there;

I'm new here, my doctor is sending me for tests so it's not yet confirmed if I have Lupus or not. The reason we started testing was due to a late miscarriage I was 17 weeks pregnant at the time, when we lost our son Harris. They have not been able to explain why the loss so far and now they are suspecting a blood clotting disorder, and Lupus is one they are testing for as well. I have been reading about symptoms of Lupus and alot of unexplained things of the past are falling into place, things like my blue hands (when they are cold, which is always), my heart pulps when I breathe deep(I was told it was nothing and to take tylenol when it happens), major muscle pain (I've been told it's in my head), major hair loss (I was told it was genes, although I had very thick hair when I was young), even my strange skin reaction to sulpha seems to fall into this. we tried getting pregnant for over a year, and now we hope to get pregnant again (hopefully it wont take that long this time).

Has anyone here been pregnant and carried full term?
How do the drugs effect pregnancy?
Has anyone else experienced a late loss?
What are other symptoms of Lupus?

hatlady
11-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Oh, first let me offer my condolences for the loss of your son! How terribly sad.

Yes, people with lupus CAN carry a child to term and deliver a healthy baby. Go to lupus.org and you'll find information. THe magazine has had articles about pregnancy and lupus. I'm sure SaySusie will add a note as well, she is the Moderator and knows so much, has so much information to offer to all of us.

And...don't you HATE it when they say it is all in your head? Keep at it - find a doctor who will LISTEN. At least you're getting testing finally - may you get onto the right track quickly!

Many hugs, and welcome to a place where we KNOW it is not all in your head!

Leanne2004
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Hatlady - thanks for the reply and condolences, I'll check out that website.