PDA

View Full Version : Exercise using Wii Fit

Linda From Australia
12-29-2010, 07:58 PM
I have been considering for quite a long time now of buying a Wii fit. But I am worried about whether it might be a bit too tough on my joints. Has anyone else used it successfully?

I have played some of the standard Wii games with my daughter and son inlaw, like bowling, boxing, tennis etc... but I just end up getting such sore elbows, wrists and knees. I have been watching about the Wii fit on the TV and thought it might be a great alternative.

tgal
12-29-2010, 09:01 PM
I believe that you can pick your workout on the wii fit. I am not certain but I think you can tell it if it needs to go easy on the knees or something. Someone will come along that knows more about it and I really would be interested to know as well.

Nonna
12-30-2010, 05:10 AM
I'll find out how much it costs, my grandchildren have a wii, I could try it out and see.

ritzbit
12-30-2010, 09:24 AM
I dont know about the Wii fit but I know what you mean about feeling a little wore out just from the regular games. I didnt think anything of playing it with my sisters over the weekend with my sisters because they got one for Christmas. It was my first time ever playing on a Wii, and we played for hours. My arms felt like jello the next day....lol

froggal
12-30-2010, 09:39 AM
The wii is WONDERFUL exercise! They also offer a yoga workout that is absolutely fabulous and not hard on the joints!

predcheeks
12-30-2010, 01:37 PM
i love the wii fit..you can pick your exercies and you start out at the easiest level so you can see if your joints are effected by it before moving up levels.

Saysusie
01-02-2011, 01:23 PM
I heard that you can get Zumba on Wii...does any know if this is true? I am going to purchase a Wii for myself as a gift for myself, mainly because I heard that the fitness program is great!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie