PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas!

tgal
12-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Today is the day that everyone begins whatever traditions they have with their friends and/or family so I wanted to take a moment to say Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. I hope that the next few days bring you joy, peace and happiness as well as limited pain so you can enjoy each and every moment.

For any of you that are spending this holiday alone please remember that you are part of a bigger family now. My WHL family is just as important to me as the family members that I can wrap my arms around and I know the others feel the same way. You are important and you are understood. You may be alone in body but you are not alone in spirit.

Please have a safe journey to wherever you are going and I look forward to hearing some wonderful stories when everyone returns.

rob
12-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Well said Mari. Merry Christmas everyone!

Bonita
12-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Merry Christmas and may the peace of Jesus be in your hearts. Love Bonita I am so glad to know all of you

Angel Oliver
12-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Always so thoughtful Mari,thank you.Merry christmas from me to you all too.

Lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx

debbie-b
12-24-2010, 02:46 PM
That was lovely Mari, Merry Christmas to you too.

Debbie

tgal
12-24-2010, 03:11 PM
One more thing...

A special "Thank You" and "Merry Christmas" to Conrad, Saysusie and Rob. The love, support and work that you do to keep this place up and running smoothly means the world to me. As was just mentioned in another thread each person here has touched my life in so many ways but without the 3 of you that would not have been possible. From the bottom of my heart I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and thank you for keeping the home for my second family (WHL) as wonderful as it is.

red246
12-24-2010, 08:38 PM
One more thing...

A special "Thank You" and "Merry Christmas" to Conrad, Saysusie and Rob. The love, support and work that you do to keep this place up and running smoothly means the world to me. As was just mentioned in another thread each person here has touched my life in so many ways but without the 3 of you that would not have been possible. From the bottom of my heart I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and thank you for keeping the home for my second family (WHL) as wonderful as it is.

Couldn't agree more! Merry Christmas to all of my WHL family and friends!!!!!

BonusMom
12-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Very beautifully written, Mari. Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

rob
12-25-2010, 03:46 AM
One more thing...

We aim to please! Truth is, it's an honor, and priviledge to be able to do what I do here. WHL would not be what it is without all of you. You folks make this place much more than just another website, and your words are far more than just simple letters on a page. Thank you all for being the caring, warm souls you all are. Merry Christmas, one and all.

Rob

PS- Be sure to drink your Ovaltine, and don't shoot you eye out!

Linda From Australia
12-25-2010, 06:02 AM
Well Christmas is coming to an end here, so I will share how my family celebrated Christmas:

Chrismas Eve is a tradition in my family. WE head off down the beach and eat fish and chips. Then we watch the sun going down so we can think of the next time we see the sun it will be Christmas day. Then we go driving around the suburbs for a couple of hours looking at Christmas lights (people decorate their houses with Christmas lights). We usually drink egg nog, but the ones you buy in cartons at the supermarket. While driving around we listen to and sing Christmas carols that are broadcasted on the radion. WE head off home around 10 or 11 at night, the kids go to bed and just after midnight I fill up everyone's Christmas stockings, with cheap novelty items and lollies.

Christmas morning we sit around the Christmas tree and open our presents, and the kids laugh at all the items they get in their stockings. This year was the first time my sister in law decided to host a Christmas breakfast. Usually we meet up for tea, either at her place or ours. But this year was very different but very nice though. Lunch time we headed off to my daughter and son in law's house for lunch. I spent all day Christmas Eve helping my daughter get ready for the day. After eating lunch we sat around the Christmas tree and opened our presents, then after our lunch had settled down we had Christmas pudding and hot custard. We headed home late in the afternoon, and just crashed in our lounge room watching Christmas movies. This is the first year that we have spent Christmas night not entertaining. It was a nice change from getting home late at night totally exhausted.

That is how I spent Christmas in 2010. And of course, we had our air conditioners on high, because it is difficult to celebrate Christmas other wise with the temperature reaching close to 40C or 104F.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas celebrations, I would be very interested in how other people celebrated Christmas.

tgal
12-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Oh Linda that sounds like a wonderful holiday! The temperature is a bit like a Texas summer but the time spent with family and looking at lights made me smile. I hope you received lots of fruit in your stocking and the rest of the family received lots of what they liked! I know you will get fruit because you have been a very good girl this year!

Glad you enjoyed the day. Thanks for sharing it with us

magistramarla
12-25-2010, 08:18 PM
Merry Christmas to all,
We celebrated on Christmas eve this year. We trooped everyone off to the photographer on Dec. 23 for a family picture. That was like a Chinese fire drill. Heather's guy Eric was missing because he had been trapped in Europe and didn't get here until the 24th. Everyone else crowded into the picture.

We celebrated Ryan's birthday early while everyone was here. He had a party at Peter Piper Pizza and the kids had all kinds of fun. Santa was even there!

I baked pies and made a big dinner on Christmas eve. We opened presents after that.
Heather and Eric left to fly to Argentina early on Christmas morning. Meg and Tyler spent the day with his Dad and family. Hillary, Kayla and I made the family recipe - Flank steak and mushroom sauce, and we had an early dinner. Hillary, Steve and David went to a friend's Christmas party this evening. Jeff, Tom, Kayla, Kyle and I have been watching a Star Wars marathon and taking it easy this evening.

Now I'm gearing up for the next events. After-Christmas shopping, my former students' party on the 30th and New Year's Eve at our friends' home.

I've gotten used to Northern Ca. It really has felt warm here in South Texas!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day, with hopefully less stress than mine!
Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Marla

Hunniebun
12-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Merry Christmas everybody, boy it's been a busy time lately. I went to my dad and step mom's house today for dinner with my sister and our roommate. We picked up my youngest brother on the way over. Opened our presents this morning before we left the house and opened more presents when we got to my parent's place. Had some really good food, play a new game and sat around talking until we went home.
Now it's time to relax until the new year stuff starts happening.

SandyR
12-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! I was very sick this week and (thank God) was finally able to feel well enough to get out of the house today. Christmas was spent with my stepmom, my brother, my sister, my niece, brother-in-law and BIL's entire extended family at BIL's sister's house. Was a very typical holiday for me - lots of people, noise, laughter, good time and good food just all at a different house. I was fun to watch the baby enjoy her first Christmas. We're expecting a big snow storm tomorrow and thankfully I already planned to be here until Tuesday. I hope everyone else had as great a day as me. Merry Christmas and God bless!

wolfwhisper
12-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Happy to hear everyone's Christmas has gone well! My christmas brought a lot of happiness to me this year. I was really happy when my uncle's present to me (my mom got one too) was a "snuggie". When I first saw the commercial, me and my mom would laugh at one of the women because she didn't look very comfertable. But when I tried it on, I had a hard time taking it off. It was so soft! My uncle also bought me and my mom a box of chocolate each. I got to see my grandmother (3rd time this year after not seeing her for a little over 3-4 years). She had drawn a card for me as a present and it was really pretty, and since we are down on money, I drew her one too (smilie). She liked it as much as I liked hers (funny since I can't really draw!). Then we went to visit a friend who is in the hospital after surgery. My favorite partv, other than spending several hours visiting grandma, was eating dinner with my parents and uncle. It was the first christmas my friend of 6 years spent at out table. It was loads of fun, especially passing the food around the table. Sounds wierd, but everyone peered at each others plates to make sure they got a little bit of everything. lol.

Saysusie
12-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Hello Family;
I've been missing in action for a bit but I am back now. I am so happy to hear that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I am praying that each and every one of you have a Blessed New Year and that we all find that the new year brings us many more pain-free days, love-filled days, and days that remind us of the joy that surrounds us!
I am sending you my personal love and thanks to all of you for being a part of the WHL family!!

Much Peace
Many Blessing
Unending Joy
Saysusie

tgal
12-28-2010, 04:01 AM
Hello Family;
I've been missing in action for a bit but I am back now. I am so happy to hear that everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I am praying that each and every one of you have a Blessed New Year and that we all find that the new year brings us many more pain-free days, love-filled days, and days that remind us of the joy that surrounds us!
I am sending you my personal love and thanks to all of you for being a part of the WHL family!!

Much Peace
Many Blessing
Unending Joy
Saysusie

So glad you are back, Susie! We missed you

froggal
12-28-2010, 11:44 PM
I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas season! I pray that my friends and family here are without pain, full of joy, and surrounded by peace and love!