PDA

View Full Version : Checking in, then flying to Texas

magistramarla
12-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Hi Everybody,
I'm just checking in before we fly out in the morning. I'm all packed, the refrigerator is empty, and the cats are getting suspicious because their travel boxes are out of storage. We'll drop them off at Purrfurably Cats in the morning and then drive to the airport.

Jeff's surgery was eventful! The doc took out the little lump, which was one of the familial lipomas, which he and his brothers are prone to. It's just a little fat deposit, and it's not anything to worry about. This one had settled in his scrotum, which was a bit strange.

The doc also shocked him by saying that he wanted to go ahead and do the surgery for his Peyronie's disease while he was at it. At least Jeff didn't have time to worry about it - he found out five minutes before they put him to sleep! His face was priceless when Dr. Lue came to talk with us in pre-op. So now, his male part is wrapped up and healing and poor me gets no hanky-panky for six weeks. At least after those six weeks, he should be back to normal. If you're curious, look up Peyronie's - it's not been fun.

Kayla and Kyle are already in SA, and she is already not getting along well with her sister Hillary. Meghan, Tyler, Ryan and their two dogs will arrive late tonight. We'll get in tomorrow night. Tom will drive in from Houston Tuesday or Wednesday night. Heather and Eric won't get in 'til late Wednesday night because Eric has been delayed on his business trip to Germany. We're hoping that he manages to get to London tomorrow so that he can get a flight to NYC.

Think good thoughts for me, my friends. I'll have to run interference between all of those young people, and I'm out of practice.

I'll check back in when we get home on Jan. 3.
Happy Holidays to all and have a wonderful, pain-free New Year!
Hugs and Love,
Marla

tgal
12-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Happy Holidays to you and yours, Marla! Please take care of yourself and try not to over do it. Enjoy the family and we will see you on the 3rd!

mountaindreamer
12-20-2010, 06:36 AM
wishing you and your family a merry christmas, marla.

i had to chuckle about running interference between the young ones....it has already started between my girls, and i just stand in awe, and get out of the way. they have been at this for many years, and now i watch in amusement as they battle, then just as quickly, they hug and kiss. ho ho ho....have a wonderful week with your family.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
12-20-2010, 07:17 AM
happy holidays hope you have wicked time and can't wait to hear your stories!!

much love heidi, dan and bolt! x

rob
12-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Have a safe trip, and a Merry Christmas Marla!

Rob

Hunniebun
12-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Merry Christmas and I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.

red246
12-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Have a safe trip & have a Merry Christmas!!!

BonusMom
12-24-2010, 10:01 PM
The young'uns simply need their Mama to come down to Texas and knock some sense in to them! To top it off, poor Marla won't have the benefit of her boy toy for stress relief during all the madness :(

Sorry to hear the girls are acting up, but hope they realize how childish their behavior is and start acting like adults so everyone can enjoy the holidays.

Savour the time with your family and tell us about your darling grandbabies when you get back. Oh, and if I recall, you have one celebrating his first birthday while you're there....... Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

Angel Oliver
12-25-2010, 12:11 AM
Merry Christmas Marla have a lovely trip.
love
Amanda.xxxx

magistramarla
12-25-2010, 07:56 PM
The young'uns simply need their Mama to come down to Texas and knock some sense in to them! To top it off, poor Marla won't have the benefit of her boy toy for stress relief during all the madness :(

Sorry to hear the girls are acting up, but hope they realize how childish their behavior is and start acting like adults so everyone can enjoy the holidays.

Savour the time with your family and tell us about your darling grandbabies when you get back. Oh, and if I recall, you have one celebrating his first birthday while you're there....... Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

BonusMom,
You are so right on ALL counts, my friend!
We're here in Texas, riding herd on the whole crew. I'm cooking a lot!
Hope your Christmas was great and the New Year will be wonderful!
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
12-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Oh I am so glad that you stopped in to say hello! Glad it is going well and that you are enjoying yourself! Welcome back to the Lone Star State!!

magistramarla
12-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Mari,
I've sneaked onto Kayla's computer. I wish that you lived closer. We'll have to arrange to get together when I move back in 2012.
Hugs,
Marla

LanaS
01-02-2011, 06:49 AM
I live a couple of hours from SanAntonio but it is one of our favorite weekend spots. I hope you have a great time with your family. Just remember everything is bigger in Texas even the arguments, LOL.

Lana

Saysusie
01-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Marla;
I hope that your Christmas was wonderful! Are you home yet? Wishing you a wonderful New Year and I hope that your hubby is recovering well (lol)..

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
01-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Hi Saysusie,
I'm finally home. California is much more peaceful than Texas.
Hubby is recovering well. We'll both be glad for that six week check-up - LOL!!!
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
01-05-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm glad that you are home safely..I responded to your other post :-)
Now, make sure that you get some rest and take care of yourself. Sending you and your hubby warm hugs

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie