PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone ho ho ho :)x

Angel Oliver
12-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Just popping by to say hello to everyone.I am sorry ive been MIA but i had the dreaded chest infection which set off my asthma which gave me pleurisy,so not really been online this month.
Carlotta and Rob i hope you both are having many good days,you are always in my thoughts.
Hope all of you are taking it one day at a time and are coping ok.I know how hard it can get.
I just wanted to let you all know i always think of you and wish you a merry christmas.Sorry ive not been on much....but you know i care.
lots of love n gentle hugs
Amanda.xxxx

tgal
12-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi Amanda! We miss having you with us but understand completely! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Happy Holiday to you and yours!

Angel Oliver
12-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Thank you so much Tgal and so glad you got your phone back and sorry to hear what you been going through but yes nice to hear some good news.Hope you are ok and are resting.Catch up with you soon.
lots of love n hugs.xxxxxxxxx

Nonna
12-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Hi Amanda
nice to hear from you again. Sorry you've had some bad times.

Right now I'm feeling a little down, but it'll get better soon- always does

hugs
nonna = Toni

magistramarla
12-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi Amanda,
It's good to see you back! I'm glad that you're feeling better and I hope that you feel good for the holidays.
Hugs,
Marla

kim,l
12-20-2010, 04:19 AM
hi amanda good to hear from you sorry you have been unwell hope you have great holidays hugs kim l

mountaindreamer
12-20-2010, 06:28 AM
ho ho ho,,,,,merry christmas to our little friend accross the big pond.

so sorry that you have been struggling with congestion, pleurisy, etc....wow, you have really been sick. Hope you feel better for christmas, and i wish you the very merriest christmas. love ya.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
12-20-2010, 07:33 AM
ho ho ho merry new year! :) oops not quite that far yet lol

sorry you been so unwell but glad you on mend hope you have lovely holiday season xxx

ps nonna hope you come up for air soon much love and hugs soon x

Angel Oliver
12-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Thank you so much for your replies and for being so caring always.Tgal you are always so kind, i hope you are having a good day today.Nonna just take it one day at a time n very slow or at my pace....constant pause lol:) Just keep posting in here where everyone understands every thing you are going through.Kiml thanks so much i think of you often.......>>>>>>gentle hugs on way.I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas too.Phyllis i miss our chats and hope you are feeling better yourself as you had flu i think the last time we spoke.Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too.Heidi thanks so much and have you been away yet....fog ...fog...Florida....or is it soon...fog alert....enjoy it if im right lol...hope you all have a fab christmas.
NOW......listen to this!!!!

8.30am this morning i was supposed to go to the doctors,but cancelled as i saw a doctor yesterday as an emergency.I rang & cancelled but asked my doctor to call me.Tonight 4.15 he rang me.To cut a long story short, i found out he had forgot or didnt know i had glandaler fever,chickenpox at 24 which turned to shingles and most of all a blood clot on the lung. He thought i wanted to chat about ''M.E'' the dx he is saying i have.When i told him i now have plurisy after a month of a chest infection...he started to listen.My jaw is hurting bad with my whole torso lol.I am having laser on the jaw tmrw morning so he is arranging for me to also have a chest xray too.
I know from all the members here on how long it takes for a dx and how hard and frustrating lupus is.Most of you know the way ive been treated in the past.But tonight i realised for sure my doctor as nice as he is,can be very patronising....so i told him.He said to me....at least its not a cancer!You have M.E. I was so annoyed and upset that i said to him...you know what ...at least with cancer you have an answer, you have an end.He stopped me, saying im depressed! I said yes,because for many years i have been treated like i am a hypacondriact.People talk AT me and dont listen to me because my confidence isnt there like it was.I was first told i had a breakdown,but after constant fighting know so much more.But if you listen to my past history and look at what i have now which is Fibromyalgia,srogrens,raynards,asthma and all my symtoms it seems to point to one illness.I explained im not expert and could be wrong....but is it me ...? To me it all points to lupus.Yet i do know my bloods say im super sonic bionic woman lol.
It shocked me to realise my doctor didnt seem to know about my blood clot and heres the best....he said he found a ''ground breaking'' hospital to treat me for my M.E (myalgic Encep).Turns out ive already been.Funny but another wasted 8 weeks of him supposingly looking for a fibromyalgia hospital.To me it feels he just isnt listening or remembering our chats.
Please know....i could be wrong,i am no expert.I DONT want it to be lupus.What i feel for sure is,like ive said many a time....ITS NOT M.E!!!! M.E is also known as chronic fatigue syndrome.In the UK its not taken serious,patients get treated like a hypacondriact.So what is it going to take for just one doctor to join the dots and see it from my point of view? Like i said...yes it sounds like my mind is set....its not.Just so flipping annoying i wanna be heard.
Plurisy.....as we all know...lupus patients get it,but i realise Tb and others....but my gut tells me something aint right. Blood clots! Rashes! fibro....srogrens,raynards,hairloss,insomnia.
There.......................i feel better now al thats out of my head.

Ho Ho Ho lol.....i'll let you all know if i get that chest xray tmrw,but i doubt it very much. Thanks for reading this rant....gonna lie down now...or should i say sit upright lol.

Lots of love
The Ranter:)xxxx

tiggerlishus - Heidi
12-21-2010, 01:37 AM
aaawww dear ranter ( angel ) lol

i hear your pain have tried getting a second opion or complaining to the right authorties????

i hope you get some answers soon theres nothing as horrible as the unknown!

and don;t let all this ruin your xmas xx

ps yes supose to be in florida now but dans visa got declined!!! very complicated and saddening story which i won't depress you with it was gonig to be one of worse days of my life till dan propose to me then it turned to best day of my life! :-)

tgal
12-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Oh Angel I know exactly what you are saying! I understand, as I think we all do, that you don't want Lupus. You just want someone to pay attention and stop looking at each individual thing and FINALLY put all the pieces together! It is so frustrating. I am in the same boat as you so I share that frustration but please don't doubt yourself. You are correct, you are not a doctor but you have something they do not. You know your body and it is not asking too much to ask them to pay attention and listen to you.

I love it when they say "You are depressed". I always want to say "ya think? How about you live in my world for 1 week and then you will understand why I am depressed!". I loved hearing about how well you stood up for yourself! The cancer comment was perfect! You did so well. You should be really proud of yourself. You stay on them! Make them listen. Keep us posted and you will be in my thoughts! *hugs*

Nonna
12-21-2010, 11:43 AM
angel I'm at a loss for words at the moment; I'm feeling for you and giving you the best biggest hugs my thoughts can project.

Toni
Twitchy Nonna

mountaindreamer
12-21-2010, 02:33 PM
hey girl,

I ditto everything that Mari said....woohoo, look at how you stood up for yourself. I once knew a girl named Amanda who would not have done that. I send you another gold star for believing in yourself. You have grown in so many ways, so you just keep growing and don't let anyone get in your way.

I remember when my daughter was fighting Cancer. the nurses kept trying to get her to take anti-depressents. She refused, and said "of course she is depressed, anyone in her position would be depressed." Absolutely we get depressed, but we also recognize it and accept it as a part of our life. Therefore, we are not in denial, and we recognize what depression can contribute to our situation. We work very hard at keeping depression under control, just like we work at keeping our other symptoms under control. But, the depression is a result of the physical pain.....it is not the cause. So, my friend, you are absolutely correct....IT IS NOT YOU.

Heidi,

I am so sorry that your trip to Florida got cancelled, but contratulations on the proposal. I hope you and your love are having a wonderful Christmas. Don't worry about Disney World, it will be there for many years....you have plenty of time for that trip. I hope that i will have the honor of meeting you when you visit this side of the world.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
12-22-2010, 03:02 AM
hey girl,

Heidi,

I am so sorry that your trip to Florida got cancelled, but contratulations on the proposal. I hope you and your love are having a wonderful Christmas. Don't worry about Disney World, it will be there for many years....you have plenty of time for that trip. I hope that i will have the honor of meeting you when you visit this side of the world.

awww thanks phyllis we were more gutted about not getting to go to alabama to meet family i never met before, they were organising a big family xmas party and to top it off that was when dan was originally gonig to propose! ( not that i knew that till he proposed! ) but hasn't stopped us looknig forward to xmas we have both said this is going to be our best one since we were adults!! now all we got do is get read of these horrible bugs we have aquired!

and ps when i finally get back to states i would love to meet up with you! i actually always think how it would be lovely just to travel the states and just meet all my whl buddies there xx

hope you have a wonderful christmas phyllis from dan, bolt and myself xx

red246
12-22-2010, 07:38 AM
(((Amanda))) Rant away sweetie, rant away! I do hope that you get to feeling better soon and have a wonderful Christmas!

Angel Oliver
12-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Heidi so sorry you are not going,but like Phyllis said it will be there for many years so one day you will both get there.But most of all CONGRATULATIONS woohoo how romantic.Fab photo of you both.
Tgal,Nonna,Red,Phyllis,Heidi and all who always help me.....thank you so much for replying.Its thanks to everyone here that gives me the strength to now try and stand up for myself with the doctors who can intimidate me.
I wish you all a merry christmas and lets hope 2011 is a so much better one for us all.I know you all go through so much daily.But just know each of us here all understand!! Marla,thanks for your post in the other thread sorry i didnt mention you....hope you have a great christmas too.
Rob n Carlotta......youre the best and help so many of us.
lots of love
Amanda.xxxxxxxxx

P.S when i win the lotto im going to America too to meet you all.....so please let me win that lotto lol....please!!!! :)xx

Angel Oliver
12-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Doctor came today and i still have the pleurisy but its dry on the right and wet on the left.Hurts like hell but a little easier today.I just want to thanks all the kind members here who help those including me by just replying to a thread.Makes such a difference to know ''someone'' is listening.Thanks for your kindness and have a merry christmas.You've made a difference to my life.

lots of love
Amanda.xxxx

tgal
12-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Sorry that you are still hurting but I am glad it is slowing getting better! You make it very easy to be kind considering you are one of the sweetest people that I have ever encountered. As for making a difference in your life...I think that is the best thing about this forum. The people here really do become like family and each of you have touched me and made a difference in their own way.