PDA

View Full Version : Oprah in Australia

Linda From Australia
12-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Have you seen anything on the media about Oprah in Australia? The Australian media are reporting on her in every news break. Well, when you hear about it just think about coming over to see our wonderful country. Mind you though there is no footage of where I live though. Sob .. sob..

tgal
12-13-2010, 04:15 PM
I have heard about it. I think she took her entire audience with her. There was a report on the news

magistramarla
12-15-2010, 11:02 PM
Yes, I saw the show where she surprised her entire audience with the trip.
It's pretty neat!
Australia is one of those places on my bucket list. My grandson David dreams of going to college there, and wants to work at the zoo that Steve Irwin started.
Hopefully, he'll go there and the grandparents can go visit.
Hugs,
Marla

Han
12-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Hey Linda,

One of the audience members was sent over here with a film crew and the footage from that will be included when the Aussie shows air, so at least there'll be a little bit of WA - from memory the Bell Tower and fish and chips down at Como?

Hugs,
Han

Linda From Australia
12-16-2010, 03:59 AM
They were here? COOL - so there you are people, watch out for the show in January, in particular the Bell Tower, and fish and chips at Como. That is where Merrilyn, Han and I come from. YIPPEE you get to see our wonderful city!

Han did you see about Oprah gave a guy with cancer $250 000. He is the son of someone from my church and was a student at to the school I teach.

Han
12-16-2010, 04:06 AM
Marla,

my son's music teacher is studying Vet, and she's doing a prac at Australia Zoo next year! Very jealous, although I'm pretty partial to our zoo here in Perth - just doesn't get the press!

Hugs,
Hannah