PDA

View Full Version : ANA test

Stef
12-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Hi all

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get ANA test results?
Phoned the surgery today to get results of tests done a week ago, the ANA wasn't among the results they had. Wondered if its one of those tests that takes weeks to analyse?

Stef

tgal
12-10-2010, 07:29 AM
I think it is rather quick to do a basic positive/negative test but most likely they are checking the titer levels and I think it was about a week and a half before those came in for me

kim,l
12-10-2010, 11:11 PM
yes i agree with mari it took about 10 days before my tests came back hope this helps kim l

Bonita
12-11-2010, 09:14 AM
I agree with the rest in that it takes a whille to get this back. Bonita

Stef
12-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks, I'll phone the doctors again on Monday.

Stef
12-15-2010, 10:09 AM
I called the doctors today, just in case. They said the result is negative. I asked what the level was but they could only tell me it says level C. This doesn't make sense and means nothing to me. Ho hum!

Linda From Australia
12-15-2010, 05:25 PM
I am not sure what Level C means. Can you phone again and ask them to give you a number?

Stef
12-16-2010, 05:56 AM
I am not sure what Level C means. Can you phone again and ask them to give you a number?

I tried to get a number but she said there wasn't one. Grrr!

tgal
12-16-2010, 06:49 AM
Usually they don't do any testing on it once it comes out negative. It is only when it is positive that they begin to check the titer and such. I know this because mine fluctuates so often I have postitive and all the info then negative then positive again. On negative the only info you get is "negative"

Stef
12-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Usually they don't do any testing on it once it comes out negative. It is only when it is positive that they begin to check the titer and such. I know this because mine fluctuates so often I have postitive and all the info then negative then positive again. On negative the only info you get is "negative"

Ah that explains it! Thank you.