PDA

View Full Version : Hubby passed his qualifying exams!

magistramarla
12-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Everyone,
We just got home from The Trident Room, where we were buying drinks for the other PHD students to celebrate.
Jeff took his qualifying exams, and passed all six parts on the first try. None of the others have passed them all without at least one P- or without having to re-take one or two parts of the exam. Jeff is the oldest student at NPS, but he just keeps blowing all of the young guys out of the water!
He's working now to get his dissertation proposal in by the end of this quarter. Then he has one more thing to do - the oral exam - and he can officially begin his research.
This PHD is quite an adventure!
Hugs,
Marla
(Who has had three drinks and is now ready to pass out)

wolfwhisper
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Congrats on the wonderful news! Passing all six parts in one shot is absolutly amazing! The Oral will be a breeze for him. Tell him to keep up the great work for me ok?

Nonna
12-03-2010, 05:01 AM
Waaaaaahhhhhhh. Whhhhhhooooooo!
Way to go Jeff and Marla, because he could not do so wonderfully without your support.
I'm so excited for you both, it's a very hard achievement.

Look at me , some of it's rubbed off. My spellings all right.

tiggerlishus - Heidi
12-03-2010, 05:04 AM
wooohhhhhhoooooooooooooo

congrats to your hubby fantastic news show those youngs how to do it!!! Xxxx

mountaindreamer
12-03-2010, 06:18 AM
hi marla,

congrats to you and jeff. i remember how nervous jeff was when he first entered the graduate program....now, look at him....thanks to your support, and his efforts, he is blowing all of the norms out the window...again, congrats. i imagine that some of those marvelous meals that you cook contribute to his success. lol

tgal
12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Way to go! As the others have already said my (virtual) hat goes off to both of you because it took two to get here! Great job!

SandyR
12-03-2010, 07:24 AM
woo hoo!!!! that is great news indeed! congratulations Jeff! and congratulations to you as well Marla for helping him achieve such a great accomplishment! What is his research going to be on?

Linda From Australia
12-03-2010, 07:22 PM
This is such wonderful news. My friend has just received her PhD. Such exhausting and exciting times ahead of you both. Have fun on this journey

Saysusie
12-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Outstanding!!! Such wonderful news and I know that you must be very proud of him. I am so happy for both of you :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
12-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks to all,
For those who asked, his specialty is in cyber-security for the Air Force. As the headlines have shown with all of the Wikileaks stuff going on, security for our government computers is extremely important. That is what he is studying - how to keep computers safe.
He has all kinds of security on our home computers and is always running scans on them. It seems paranoid to me, but I've never had a virus or anything on my laptop, so I guess it's a good thing. My son was the computer guy for his Marine unit in Iraq and is now the executive in charge of software and training for his company in Houston. I've definitely lived with computer geeks all of my life!
Hugs,
Marla

tiggerlishus - Heidi
12-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Just a little thing I thought was great my dad was studying security on computers not for forces but I know it was a high standard as thou he wernt in forces he worked for them in afghan on thier computer stuff! And when he died no one could get in his laptop with all the added passwords and stuff he put on it! Lol so iknow what it's like to have computer geek in the family! Lol once again congrats to jeff xxxx