PDA

View Full Version : Lupus and CIN

Stef
12-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I can't see how to search the forum, so sorry if this has been on here before.

Does anyone know anything about CIN and whether having lupus is a factor in the treatment and prognosis?

tgal
12-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Hi again Stef,

Sorry but I am unsure what CIN is. If you look up on the right hand sigh of the forum you will see a magnifying glass with a white space next to it. You can search for anything in it. Also, don't worry if there is already a topic. If you want to start a new one feel free!

So... what is CIN?

Stef
12-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Hi again Stef,

Sorry but I am unsure what CIN is. If you look up on the right hand sigh of the forum you will see a magnifying glass with a white space next to it. You can search for anything in it. Also, don't worry if there is already a topic. If you want to start a new one feel free!

So... what is CIN?

Pre cancerous cells on the cervix, what they test for when you have your smear. I've had three operations to have them removed. Next check up is in March and I'm dreading it!

tgal
12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Ha! That is real brain fog because I had that several decades ago and finally had to have a hysterectomy after my daughter was born! I thought it was an interesting question so I looked it up and I did find that some of the immune suppressant drugs upped ones chance of having it but apparently not the Lupus itself. I could be wrong about this so we will wait on (Dr) Susie to tell us for sure (she isn't a real doctor but you won't know it by her posts!

Bonita
12-01-2010, 04:23 PM
i did not have that but the pathologist report said i had endometreosis and i do not know if that is related to auto dieases. Bonita

magistramarla
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Bonita,
I read up a lot on endometriosis because my daughter has problems with it. Yes, there does seem to be a correlation between it and AI issues. I worry that my girls will be diagnosed with AI someday.
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
12-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey tgal that's the same reason for mine. Not gonna even try to spell it this time . I had several pap smear that came back per cancerous. But if it's related to lupus I know not.