PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Linda!

tgal
11-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Today is the birthday of one of our awesome family members! Happy Birthday Linda From Australia! Hope you have a wonderful and pain free day!

Bonita
11-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Happy Birthday from me too. Bonita

SandyR
11-30-2010, 01:31 PM
Happy Birthday Linda! I hope you can hear me shouting that to you clear across the world. lol

Islablue
11-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Happy Birthday!!

kim,l
11-30-2010, 03:25 PM
happy birthday linda have wonderful day your aussie pal kim l

Hunniebun
11-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday :)

Merrilyn OZ
11-30-2010, 04:34 PM
"Happy Birthday" Best wishes for your Special Day Linda hope you have a great day.
your fellow Perthy Merrilyn XOXOXO

Saysusie
11-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Happy Birthday Linda..sending you wishes for a happy, loving, joyous day!!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Nonna
11-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Happy Birthday Linda hope it's a wonderful day for you

debbie-b
11-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Happy Birthday, Linda, I hope you are having fun.

Debbie

Han
12-01-2010, 01:32 AM
Happy Birthday Linda!

Looking forward to catching up with you in the New Year.

Hugs,

Han xx

magistramarla
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Better late than never - Happy Birthday, Linda!
Hugs,
Marla

Linda From Australia
12-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. It is Saturday, December 4. Sorry for not responding to your posts earlier, I only get to take my lap top home on the weekends and check all my emails, WHL etc... then. I am usually too busy teaching, marking and preparing lessons during the week.

Anyway, what did I do for my birthday? you have been asking. The weekend before my birthday I decided to go out and buy all my own birthday presents, the ones that I really wanted, then ask my family to pay me back. And thanks to 'me' I got some really nice presents.
1. A cutlery set (many pieces - wedding gift 29 yrs ago - have gone into hiding in my 3 girls bedroom, and they don't seem to want to come out of hiding)
2. Frypan (the one I have is really heavy and I cannot move it onto the breakfast bar to dish up food because it is too heavy for my poor sore wrists)
3. Blender (I got fed up when my eldest daughter was crushing ice every 15 mins or so the other Friday when I was trying to sleep - this new one is alot quieter)

Then my youngest daughter (18) said she had already bought me a present (a necklace and matching ear rings)

My husband came home the day before my birthday and said he put a deposit on another car
(I have been bugging him for months to get the 4WD booked in to get fixed so we can get my Mum's caravan back from my brother's house so we can go away for a holiday. We need a tow ball and none of the other cars have one, so hubby went out and bought a second hand car with a tow ball on it)

The kids at school (grade 6) hid outside the office and YELLED happy birthday when I came out of the staff room . They wrote on a card, and some kids gave me token gifts.

Got a teacher's calendar from my mum and some plants from my mother in law.

Mostly it was a lovely day, I made all my favourite foods, bought the gifts I really wanted, had my family over for dinner, and still did not have a late night.
Was I feeling sick, in pain or very tired on my birthday? - who cares - life is for living and for having fun, not for thinking about how miserable I felt on my birthday.

Thanks again for all your wishes, I only wish you could have also had dinner with me. Perhaps in 2 years time when I turn 50!

Saysusie
12-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Linda;
Your birthday sounds wonderful and I am happy that you got the gifts that you wanted, plus wonderful gifts that you did not expect.
No worries about responding late...you have great reasons and we are always happy to know that feeling reasonably well and have good days are part of the reason :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie