PDA

View Full Version : Still Awake

tgal
11-30-2010, 01:08 AM
OK It is 2AM and I am still awake. As many of you know I ran out of insurance in Oct. and I don't yet have my disability so I am in limbo as far as doctors go. I am on my last refill of my fibromyalgia/sleep med so I have had to reduce the amount I take by 25mg a day. Needless to say my body has noticed. This really isn't a good thing because lack of sleep takes me even faster into a flare and I just came out of one from last week. I am really unsure of what to do because neither of my option are very good. Have I mentioned that I really dislike being ill?

Honestly there is no point to this post I am just up and felt like venting a moment.

Nonna
11-30-2010, 04:21 AM
Hi tgal, I know where you are at? Before I knew what was wrong and had no meds to help; I had several tricks.
I started to give them but realized they may not work for you. Let me know if you're interested.

Not wanting to be a busybody

hugs and relaxing thought are being sent your way
nonna

tgal
11-30-2010, 06:21 AM
LOL Nonna! You are so silly! You are not a busybody! Help is always appreciated!

SandyR
11-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Mari,

Have you been to the groups page yet? There's a group on there all about being awake at insane hours. I haven't been on that one in a while, but it's really funny!

Sandy

tgal
03-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Found this thread and decided to bump this one up. It is 1:41 Central time in the US and I am still awake. I took all my night meds (including 300 mg of ammitriptyline) and I am still awake. Even the dogs gave up on me and went to bed. I have no idea why I can't sleep but I simply can't. My daughter will be getting up in about 4 1/2 hours and it looks like I may not have gone to bed yet.

This crazy disease!

red246
03-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Mari - Hope you were able to get to sleep! I managed to go to sleep earlier than usual last night, about 11:30, but now I've been wide awake since 5am! WTHeck is up w/that? I'm never up before 8/9, except on Fridays when I am forced to play taxi driver @ 7:30am! LOL (((HUGS)))

Nonna
03-08-2011, 03:47 AM
I still have all my tricks.
Hot bath to relax muscle
read a book and make eye tired
tell muscles to relax starting with toes. (someone said that was Lamaze, wouldn't know never had a class)
watch a movie and give up on trying to sleep.
Totally give up and accomish something useful

hugs sweetheart we love you
Toni

Bonita
03-08-2011, 06:03 AM
On average i get about 4 hours sleep a night no matter what i do. I hope that something will soon work out for you with your coverage of meds and insurance and someone will help you i wish i could do more for you. Love Bonita