PDA

View Full Version : On a more positive note...

serand4
11-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Hi Guys:

I've been pretty negative lately. Tough times demand tough measures so I'm getting full measure out of my complaints!

But, in an effort to stay brief, I want to share something I learned today that might help others. Like most of us, I'm tired nearly all the time, pain is a second head I wear every day and I have at least four overlap immune or similar illnesses to play back up if the Lupus ever wears out.

I noticed that after going to two different Dr. appts (one was for my cat), my mood was massively improved! I can come up with a trillion reasons to stay in and a lot of times, they're good ones. But I really, really miss people! This isolating is hurting me as much as this illness. My new goal is to go out even if it's for a soda, three times a week. I'm going to make those visits to my state reps to present our cause. If I can't visit, I will call or write.

I've always had people in my life and was a senior account executive so I even loved sales. I just miss the day to day interaction and this is going to lead to more and more problems.

Wish me luck! They say it only takes two weeks to start a habit and it's Monday so it's the perfect time to get out and get busy!

tgal
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Good luck to you! I am glad you found something that made you feel better! Whatever works my friend! Whatever works

Nonna
11-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Good Luck and a "You can do it"

nonna

tgal
11-30-2010, 06:26 AM
Good Luck and a "You can do it"

nonna

LOL When I saw the "you can do it" I heard that that Tony Little in my head. The one from the infomercial for that excercise machine "the gazelle". He always yelled "you cannnnnn dooooo itttttttttttt" (anyone else remember that?)

Ok back to your regularly scheduled topic

SandyR
11-30-2010, 07:36 AM
LOL When I saw the "you can do it" I heard that that Tony Little in my head. The one from the infomercial for that excercise machine "the gazelle". He always yelled "you cannnnnn dooooo itttttttttttt" (anyone else remember that?)

Yes! LOL!

serand4 - I get a little seasonally depressed. I find that the winter is just harder to get out but that when I do I have the same results as you. As hard as it may be, it's good to get out for at least a few minutes of fresh air each day.

Saysusie
11-30-2010, 05:12 PM
You are so right that isolation can exacerbate our mood and our symptoms. I will, several times a month, go to our local mall just to roam the stores, talk to other patrons, sit and have coffee, or just people watch! It does lift my spirits a bit and I find that it gives me a bit more energy. Granted, I do have to absolutely force myself to get up, get dressed and get out. But, I am always glad when I do.
I hope that your outings do the same for you. Have fun and best of luck :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

magistramarla
12-01-2010, 05:35 PM
This is exactly why I joined the Officers Spouses Club. Especially now that I'm on the executive board, I feel that it is necessary to get up and go to the meetings. I'm the oldest member of the group, and the only grandma. Many of the girls are the ages of my own daughters, so it really brightens up my days to spend time with them.
Sometimes, I really don't feel like going to a meeting or event, but after I get there, I feel so much better!
Hugs,
Marla

Linda From Australia
12-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Sara what have you been up to this week? Congratulations on taking the first step!