PDA

View Full Version : Depth perception is going

teresaa40
11-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Ive been noticing more and more that Im banging, bruising and bumping my poor body into things a lot more frequently than I ever did before. I ram my arm into a door frame as I pass through, run over my foot with the shopping cart, bash my knee on a chair as I try to navigate around it. Sure everyone does this, but, when you start to notice that its happening a lot, and when you also notice that it shouldnt have happened at all, that you tried to walk through that doorway centered, but, somehow, and I don't know how, wham, my poor arm or shoulder takes a hit and I look like a clumsy idiot to anyone that was looking.

What is going on?

I hit my head passing through doors and past cabinets. Tree branches are always fun to walk under. I just feel like my depth perception , or something, has changed.

magistramarla
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Teresa,
Have you seen an ophthalmologist? Dry eyes that are caused by Sjogren's or other AI diseases can cause changes in vision. Using Restasis has helped me.
It might be a good thing to rule out before thinking about any other CNS issues that might be causing it.
I also have Meniere's Syndrome, so I'm often dizzy and unsteady on my feet. I never go anywhere without my cane, unless I'm holding onto DH's arm.
Hugs,
Marla

Nonna
12-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Teresa, I'm in the same boat as you. I see the eye doctor and a neurologist for balance.

You might want to get this checked out. Good Luck and Good Thoughts

nonna

Linda From Australia
12-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Teressa let us know how you go at the doctors