PDA

View Full Version : Ugh in so much pain

Hunniebun
11-28-2010, 07:59 PM
Is anybody elses joints killing them lately? I'm still waiting to get an appointment to see my 3rd rheum, and for the past 3 days now my body has been hurting SO bad. Every single joint in my body from my jaw to my toes has been screaming at me, especially my hips. I've been using my cane solidly for the past two days otherwise I can't even go out because I can't walk for very long. I'm going to the doctor on monday for another issue besides this, I also think I have acid reflux, because every time I eat, no matter what I eat, I cough up mucus as if I have a bad cold, cough cough cough for ages, and then my throat hurts as well as my chest. Argh...

teresaa40
11-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Ive been in a bady way, too. It's all the up and down storminess. Its cold, its wet, barometer is up and down. Its like when there's a storm outside, I have a storm of my own inside. I hope you get feeling better.

debbie-b
11-29-2010, 05:31 AM
Joint pain is my main complaint, I have it every day, in most of my joints.
I have lupus and RA, I am sure both of those nasty diseases are responsible for the pain.
I am refusing narcodics, so my rheumy prescribes NSAIDS, ( I have tried three different ones, taking Mobic now), none of them really help and all of them upset my stomach.
Sometimes heat helps a little, but most of the time, I just suffer.
It's been going on for years.
The most pain I have is in my fingers, hands, wrists, shoulders, neck, right hip, left knee and sometimes in my ankles.
Resting helps too, but I still work full time, there is no such thing as resting, but on my days off, I sit in my chair and the pain gets better.
It is a visious circle, because I can't move and exercise, I have gained weight, which of course is bad for the joints.
I need to loose about 30 pounds.
I am so sorry, I didn't mean to make this post about me, but I know, what you are going through.
Having pain every day, is very frustrating, I DO UNDERSTAND.
Hope you have a less painful day.

Debbie

SandyR
11-29-2010, 08:19 AM
YES! I feel your joint pain in my own joints. I have PsA/RA too and the cold is killing me. It's also making me look like a leper again with big ole psoriatic spots on my hands. I really don't know if I hate the cold weather or the hot sun more. *SIGH*

I also have the reflux issue. This year I had to do a "chew and swallow test" to see if I had reflux. The test showed that I didn't have it bad enough to label it as such but the dr decided I really should be on OTC antiacids. Course I never quite remember that when I am in the pharmacy to buy things but that's another issue. I always seem to remember it when the reflux flares up though!

Hunniebun
11-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Yep I have RA and Lupus too, and every single joint in my body is affected, even my flippin jaw. Jaw, neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, back, hips, knees, ankles, toes....Everything, has been swollen, stiff and driving me nuts lately. It's cold and very wet here in the west and that's the only part about this place that I wish I could change. It chills you right down to the bone and causes an ache that makes you want to rip your skin and muscles off because nothing seems to reach it and soothe it. I swim sometimes but notice if I do too much physical activity I'm in a lot of trouble, which sucks because I don't like to be lazy.
Don't worry Debbie you didn't make this post about you, say whatever you want to say! I'm taking prednisone right now, I stopped taking the generic form of plaquenil because honestly, that stuff does nothing for me, it really doesn't. I want actual pain killers now, I'm hoping my new Rhuem will put me on Humira, or Enbrel, or SOMETHING, to control the stiffness and pain.

I'm hoping to see my GP today to talk about the coughing problem, because its driving me crazy as well as annoying the people who live with me.

serand4
11-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Debbie, I'm truly concerned for you! I suffer from fibromyalgia and Lupus and I very much understand the pain you're talking about. Why are you refusing narcotics? Do you have an alcoholic background? I do. I've been alcohol free for a decade and I follow my prescriptions to the letter. If I didn't get pain relief, I'm afraid that one day I might kill myself. The pain makes life that hard. Talk to a therapist or speak further with your rheum doc. NSAIDS help, I take those too, but they don't take that wicked, wicked edge off the burning ache that these diseases cause. I wouldn't dream of telling you what's right for you. I'm just asking that you give great consideration to all your options. Quality of life is essential. Your post doesn't paint a quality picture. You're in my prayers and God bless you for trying so hard.

Hunniebun
12-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Turns out it is Acid Reflux, got pills to get that under control now too *sigh*. PILLS, PILLS, PILLS. I hope you find some relief soon Debbie...

Bonita
12-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes my arthritis is out of control latley and i do not like the cold weather at all. I take kapidex because i have barrotts esophagas because of the gerd being so bad over the years and i go to the gastroentrologist every 6 months because this can become cancerous. Bonita

Merrilyn OZ
12-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi Hunniebun,
Know those pills are a pain, but if they control symptoms especially the Acid reflux stick with them. Like Bonita I have Barretts due to untreated Gerd. My last biopsy showed some small change so its back for more tests tomorrow Uggggg!!!

debbie-b
12-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Debbie, I'm truly concerned for you! I suffer from fibromyalgia and Lupus and I very much understand the pain you're talking about. Why are you refusing narcotics? Do you have an alcoholic background? I do. I've been alcohol free for a decade and I follow my prescriptions to the letter. If I didn't get pain relief, I'm afraid that one day I might kill myself. The pain makes life that hard. Talk to a therapist or speak further with your rheum doc. NSAIDS help, I take those too, but they don't take that wicked, wicked edge off the burning ache that these diseases cause. I wouldn't dream of telling you what's right for you. I'm just asking that you give great consideration to all your options. Quality of life is essential. Your post doesn't paint a quality picture. You're in my prayers and God bless you for trying so hard.

No, I have no alcoholic background. I just don't like the way these narcodics make me feel. I feel whoozy and heavy, everything is in slowmotion, I just hate it.
Mobic helps a little, but I have to take it with food, which is not always possible at work.
My next rheumy appt. is on Dec.15, I will ask the doc for any suggestions he might have about my pain control.
Btw, I have fibro as well, RA and lupus, possible scleroderma. I must have yelled "ME"!, to many times when they gave out the awful diseases.
But I already know, what my doc is going to say, " you need to quit your job". It is very physical, with heavy lifting, up to 45 pounds. I can't quit this job, it pays very well, has great benefits and great health insurance.
Thank you very much for your concern.
Good for you, that you have been sober for 10 years, that is awesome.

Debbie

tgal
12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't take anything for pain either. I eat advil like candy every day but I already take so many meds I just can't add one by choice. I understand about the losing weight thing I have put on so much weight since this began. I put on 30 from getting sick and then more from steroids. I say keep working as long as you can. Being unable to work makes things rough as to money and doctors/meds. I never knew how rough until it happened to me

Nonna
12-02-2010, 04:21 AM
I hurt so bad right now it's very hard to move. As for pain pills, I've taken them all over the years and now they don't work anymore. I just have to cope.

teresaa40
12-02-2010, 06:17 AM
I keep trying to deal with my pain without meds. Lots of Advil, especially PM, so I can sleep. I don't want to start down the road of narcotics. Im trying to wait until I really can't manage without it. they're so expensive, and then there are the doc appointments to manage the prescriptions. If my insurance were better, maybe I wouldn't be so worried about it, but, we're just making it as it is.

Nonna, I hope you get some relief. This time of year is horrible.

SandyR
12-02-2010, 08:05 AM
Turns out it is Acid Reflux, got pills to get that under control now too *sigh*. PILLS, PILLS, PILLS. I hope you find some relief soon Debbie...

Yeah, they suck. I hate pills too. I hope they help you though and that you feel better soon.