PDA

View Full Version : Very intense upper abdomen pain

serand4
11-26-2010, 12:33 AM
I've faced this pain many times but tomorrow it will be call number one to my rheum or pcp, whoever seems to care that day. Directly under my right breast and wrapping half way around my back is this VERY intense pain. Like I said, I've had it before but this one is particularly outstanding. It's burning hot and what I would imagine being stabbed may be like. I'd go to the ER but it's 1:30am, Thanksgiving and that mixture seems a bit pointless. I'm going to try bed. If that doesn't happen, I will revaluate. Typing accutely hurts, believe it or not. Breathing is no easy feat either and my right arm is a bit numb. Honestly, if God wants me -- I'm all His. This day in and day out pain is simply too much but I'd never take my own life. In spite of it all, I have so much to live for. If only I could control the pain and the breathing issues. I wonder if it's an enlarged liver or pancritis. Maybe it's another blood clot since the pain is so intense in this one particuar spot. I'm on blood thinners but they were off again on Monday. My blood doesn't want to thin out.

If anyone has experienced this, please share. Otherwise, I'll keep you posted. Oh joy -- massive migraine starting in! That would explain the nausea!

Take care and keep in touch - Susan

SandyR
11-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Oh Susan I'm sorry to read this. I hope you made it to the ER or the Dr. or somewhere they have pain meds that will help you out. Please let us know what happens. (((HUGS)))

serand4
11-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Things are better this morning. I'm still going to make some calls, though so far no one is in. These things always happen over the weekend or on holidays. For now I'm going to stay away from fats (butter, peanut butter, etc) as those seem to aggrevate the condition. I'm going to get to the bottom of this! You can't imagine how much it hurts! I feel like this would be a lot like what it would be to be stabbed.

Thank you for your kind words! They mean so much!

red246
11-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Susan, glad to hear you're doing better today. Have you had your gallbladder out? If not, do you get nausea at all w/it? I just had my gallbladder out last month - I think? Most awful pain I'd ever had. Hope you had some luck w/the doctors. Oh, and fats and such and big heavy meals will only make it worse if it's gallbladder. Gentle (((hugs)))

tgal
11-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Susan, glad to hear you're doing better today. Have you had your gallbladder out? If not, do you get nausea at all w/it? I just had my gallbladder out last month - I think? Most awful pain I'd ever had. Hope you had some luck w/the doctors. Oh, and fats and such and big heavy meals will only make it worse if it's gallbladder. Gentle (((hugs)))

LOL I was going to ask that but then I think I already asked her that and I felt like a heal that I didn't remember! Sounds just like when I had issues with mine so if you still have it (your gallbladder) I would suggest having that GP send you for an ultrasound

kim,l
11-26-2010, 07:05 PM
yes i agree i had gallstones and pancreatitis and it sounds the same as your pain i had my gallbladder out would be worth checking hope things get better hugs kim l

serand4
11-26-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm afraid it's down to the pancreatitis. The gallbladder's been out awhile. I read up on the pancreatis and believe there may be some coorelation. Hurray - a new doctor to find! Naturally it's Friday night so I'll start the next great search on Monday. The pain is setting in again so I'm not putting this one off for long. Thanks for your help!

magistramarla
11-26-2010, 09:41 PM
I read your other thread about the blood clotting issues. Is the pancreatitis related, or a whole different issue? As I said on the other thread, I think that I would look for a doc who is associated with either SLU School of Medicine or Washington U. School of Medicine. Those are both great med schools in St. Louis.
Hugs,
Marla