PDA

View Full Version : Patient Education Program on Lupus Care, Research and Treatments

SandyR
11-19-2010, 01:32 PM
If you live close enough to NYC this might interst you.

I received an email today as follows:

Lupus Foundation of America
presents
Patient Education Program on Lupus Care, Research and Treatments
An educational program for people living with lupus and their families focusing on new developments in lupus research.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Presentation by
Dr. Andrew G. Franks, Jr., MD, FACP,
Clinical Professor of Dermatology & Medicine (Rheumatology)
Director, Skin Lupus & Autoimmune Connective Tissue Disease Section
New York University School of Medicine

Registration opens at 10:00 am
Program from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
(Question & Answer following presentation)

NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
301 East 17th Street (@ Second Avenue)
Loeb Auditorium First Floor
New York, New York 10003

RSVP Today!
By e-mail to Im Senephimmachack: im@lupus.org
By phone: 202-349-1178
Please include your full name, phone number, e-mail address, and total attending in all messages.

This complimentary program is sponsored by the Lupus Foundation of America, Inc.(LFA), Lupus Foundation of America, New Jersey Chapter, Inc. (LFANJ) and NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases (NYUHJD). This program is offered at no cost to attendees and made possible by Walk for Lupus Now fundraising efforts.

Linda From Australia
11-19-2010, 03:40 PM
This sounds fantastic. Now I only have to work out how to convince my Principal that this is an educational seminar that is going to help me teach my Grade 6 kids better. mmmmm.... I know. IF I tell him that if I can manage my Lupus better as a result of attending this seminar, I CAN TEACH THE KIDS BETTER. I might be worth a try. It will only cost a few ..... may be a lot of thousands of dollars. Children's education is worth it though!