PDA

View Full Version : heart involvement

Neicee99
10-27-2005, 06:01 AM
Hi
I haven't posted in quite a while but I recently went to a cardiologist and I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced what I have been? Over the past 6 months I have had 5 episodes when I am in bed, either sleeping or it wakes me up, and all of a sudden it feels like my heart slows down a lot, and it flattens out then all of a sudden this weird feeling goes to my head and then I can't talk and my extremities are paralyzed and this lasts for about 10+ seconds. Very very scary as you can imagine. The cardiologist said that he found abnormalities in my EKG and is now running an echocardiogram test, holter monitor and medicine induced stress test next week. I have a history of pericarditis and he is hoping it is not that coming back again.

Any feedback would be very appreciated. I am pretty scared about the EKG results.

newmommy
10-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi Denise

I'm sorry your having problems, Lately I've found that when I'm lying down at night I have chest pains and my heart will skip a beat and even slows down a lot. I'm not sure if it's a heart problem per say or just stress, since having a baby things have been a little crazy. But for you it's good that you're having it checked out and I'll be praying for you that you will feel better and that everything will be ok!

God Bless

take care

SoleSinger
10-29-2005, 01:08 PM
I don't know if this is relevant or not... But, I am kind of going through the exact opposite. I don't have chest pains, but I will be lying down, resting, or napping and my heart will start beating either A.) really fast or B.) really HARD but not fast (And by hard, I mean I can literally watch my bra strap jump intime with my heartbeat) The other thing, is that sometimes I will not be able to catch my breath... Like I've been running or something when all I have been doing is sitting, or lying down.

The last time I had an EKG and an echo done (in July) they said everything looked fine...

So, I don't know...

I hope everything turns out okay for you!! I hope you feel better! Let us know what they say!!!

Saysusie
10-31-2005, 07:56 AM
Hi Niecy99 and Solesinger:
Have your doctor's tested you for myocarditis.
When lupus causes inflammation of the tissue of the heart, myocarditis occurs. Symptoms of myocarditis are: unexplained rapid heart beat, irregular heart beat!
Niecy, I know you said you have a history of Pericarditis- an inflammation of the sac around the heart. It is the most common heart involvement in people with lupus. Symptoms can be, sharp chest pain that can change with changes in the body's position, occasionally, shortness of breath.

Niecy - I understand your trepidation about the ekg. I wish I had more answers for you, but I truly think that it is best that you have your doctor look into this! Please let us know how you are doing and what your doctor has found!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Neicee99
11-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your input and concern. I had the tests last week and from what the technicians saw, they all said everything looked fine. They said if the radiologists find anything different, he would call me right away and I have not received any call as of today. Yippee!!! So, now onto a neurologist.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.
Hugs

kkgadro
11-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi! I have SVT. My heart skips a beat and it makes me cough. When I cough it starts back to normal rythm. After a few years it started by skipping a beat then sped up to ( I think) 248 per minutes. It was crazy. I passed out. I was having attacks every 3 weeks. The DR put me on toprol and I have been fine since (while taking med)