PDA

View Full Version : Black and Blue marks - associated with lupus?

Wendy
11-17-2010, 09:38 AM
I have had a rash for 17 months and this past summer I noticed that above the rash I have four black and blue marks that are about the size of nickels. Is this a symptom of lupus also? Thanks so much for answering my question!

tgal
11-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi Wendy,

Black and blue like bruises? If so I never had that with my rashes however I have other problems as well (neurological) so I tend to fall a lot and be very clumsy so I am pretty much covered with bruises all the time.

Hopefully someone smarter than me will come along and be able to answer your question

Wendy
11-17-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't think that they are black and blue marks, not sure what they are but they have been there for 5 months.

Nonna
11-17-2010, 11:52 AM
I don't think that they are black and blue marks, not sure what they are but they have been there for 5 months.

That's when you ask the doctor. I don't know about everyone else, but I bruise very easily. Maybe someone else has some answers.

Hugs and Good Thoughts,
Nonna
I'm twitching again....... missing my twitchy

serand4
11-17-2010, 08:24 PM
I suddenly developed strange bruises on my left shin - I mean weird! Like one was a big square over the shin which after trwo weeks is kind of more rashy than black and blue. I have several other slightly larger than quarter sized bruised on the same leg. One day I had this unbelievable pain in that leg and then a while later the bruises showed up. Not a clue.

Islablue
11-18-2010, 07:52 PM
hmm I have some black and blue spots on my knees. They aren't bruising. I will post them after I find a pic...

Nonna
11-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Wendy
how about an update, did you ask a doctor about the marks? What did she/he say?

Nonna